Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ADP Coil Number

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33

    ADP Coil Number

    Hello

    Went on a service call, found this coild ADP model# HA02230A130A000067 serial# 6907L14482 what is the SEER of this coil ? and Is this coil from 1997 thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW -> Texas
    Posts
    446
    Sure looks like a 10 seer to me.

    2.5 ton 13" wide 12" tall coil. Come with a .65 piston.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33
    thank you Joker. I went out tonight on a service call. A company replaced the Condenser last year with a Carrier 13 SEER R22 unit. Left this ADP Acoil in. They have had excessive sweat going on the furnace , SUperheat is dead on, Airflow good, Drain clear. Prolly the coil cant keep up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW -> Texas
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by relay101 View Post
    thank you Joker. I went out tonight on a service call. A company replaced the Condenser last year with a Carrier 13 SEER R22 unit. Left this ADP Acoil in. They have had excessive sweat going on the furnace , SUperheat is dead on, Airflow good, Drain clear. Prolly the coil cant keep up.
    That shouldn't matter. I would be looking for lose insulation or bad pan.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33
    they said the AC runs for half an hour, well if its hot as hell outside it will run longer. Sometimes it never gets to 71* in the house

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33
    what would be some symptoms of a mismatched coil? I see ALot of sweat ( due to 60wb indoor) on the cap tubes after the orifice and through the manifold on the suction line for the Acoil.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW -> Texas
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by relay101 View Post
    what would be some symptoms of a mismatched coil? I see ALot of sweat ( due to 60wb indoor) on the cap tubes after the orifice and through the manifold on the suction line for the Acoil.
    Sounds normal to me. May I do not understand.

    It should start sweating after the piston(or metering device.)

    If water is dropping down on the furnace from the inside then most likely a pan problem if the coil is someone knew. If the water is sweating on the outer cover and going down the side of the furnace then its an insulation problem.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33
    understood. Its not on the outside,its on the inside. Another thing I noticed is that the Acoil is installed maybe a couple inches from the top of the plenum. Can Air flow be bouncing and blowing condensate off the coil? Condenser replaced last year and This year is hotter and they are having problems now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW -> Texas
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by relay101 View Post
    understood. Its not on the outside,its on the inside. Another thing I noticed is that the Acoil is installed maybe a couple inches from the top of the plenum. Can Air flow be bouncing and blowing condensate off the coil? Condenser replaced last year and This year is hotter and they are having problems now.
    If the coil is good then not likely. Now some coils that have been chemically cleaned alot can lose their 'slickness' and water can drop off before it rolls into the pan. Damaged fins on the coil can also cause problems.

    Where exact is the water coming from?

    Are we talking down the middle of the furnace or up front where the gas valve is?

    I assume this is in a closet or up flow.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33
    it looks like its coming from the sides. But where the T or manifold on the Coil has alot of sweat from what it looks like to me. Regardless if the pan is cracked or not im prolly better off replacing the A coil due to SEER mis match and maybe the pan is cracked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event