My shark came home

My shark came home

My shark came home!

After knawing through it's cable lock one night while evacuating this very unit a strange thing happened. I guess my shark decided it needed a vacation. I assume it was an around the world swim because it took him over a year to return. Looks like a giant squid chewed off his ballast knob and he picked up a pretty bungie tie in Madagascar for his cord.

Looks like he was to tired to go all the way home. He was actually working on the other circuit of this unit when he went missing. I guess he got a guilty conscience and decided to "return".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Deciphering as best I can. Someone "borrowed it" and then left lay on a job where you could find it? Or you found someone using it on a job near you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Deciphering as best I can. Someone "borrowed it" and then left lay on a job where you could find it? Or you found someone using it on a job near you?
    Taken from a 40 ton Trane CDU. Returned over a year later to the same unit. Yes, it was stolen. I don't work with anyone else. I am afraid I am on my own.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

What is that thing and BTW.... I think you just left it under there for a year.... and wanna blame somebody.....
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    .... I think you just left it under there for a year.... .....
    i have done that before. i unknowingly left my good (i have a cheapy spare) meter at a customers house on the boiler. when i returned the next year i found it. i screamed ureaka!!! thats my meter!!! the ho says yes i found it just as you were leaving but i couldn't catch you. he says i used it so much i had to buy my own. if he would have called me i would not have spent alot of money on a new one.

sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    What is that thing and BTW.... I think you just left it under there for a year.... and wanna blame somebody.....
    It's an Inficon 7 cfm "shark" vacuum pump. Cute, isn't it, it looks like a shark. Best vacuum pump I have ever used.

I was pulling a vacuum on this condenser about a year ago. I left it on overnight and had it cable locked to the suction line. Somebody cut the lock and took the pump, my Refco gauges, and a 100' extension cord.

I cleaned the coils on this unit in April of this year and it was not there then. Sometime between April and August it came home. Looks like someone has been using it.

Next time I will pull the vacuum at the remote chiller barrel in the basement. It's pretty hard to get into an AT&T building to steal anything.