Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Thanks.

That is what I meant by "You Win". No matter how good you think something is you can't convince everyone, you can only let them know your opinions of it.
    That was just my opinion too. Everybody has their way and I respect that.
    I was hoping i would get more in depth responses and have a good strong opinioned discussion over why you guys use the pump instead of CO2 or a vacuum cleaner exhaust.

So how 'bout it? Why is the pump better ?

First of all I am in an area where 99% of all drain lines terminate outside from under the slab. I have always in the past cut the drain line close tto the primary pan and blew the line out from inside while also opening the air handler and cleaning the drain pan and nipple leading out. The last few years I began using a shop vac from outside which was did not always provide enough suction for tough clogs and required an extension cord in most cases.
    This Mighty Pump weighs about 6 pounds, takes up less room than my shop vac, has enough power to clear any clog and doesn't require any electric or for me to waste co2. It also will use the water that is trapped in the drain pan as a flush when it sucks it through the drain line.
    I have been in this business a long time and only promote products or ideas I really think can make our jobs easier and more productful.
    The Mighty Pump is made by a very reputable company (Rectorseal corp.)
    and is built really well for the price they charge.
    I think that sums up my view of it. Sorry it is so long.

First of all I am in an area where 99% of all drain lines terminate outside from under the slab. I have always in the past cut the drain line close tto the primary pan and blew the line out from inside while also opening the air handler and cleaning the drain pan and nipple leading out. The last few years I began using a shop vac from outside which was did not always provide enough suction for tough clogs and required an extension cord in most cases.
    This Mighty Pump weighs about 6 pounds, takes up less room than my shop vac, has enough power to clear any clog and doesn't require any electric or for me to waste co2. It also will use the water that is trapped in the drain pan as a flush when it sucks it through the drain line.
    I have been in this business a long time and only promote products or ideas I really think can make our jobs easier and more productful.
    The Mighty Pump is made by a very reputable company (Rectorseal corp.)
    and is built really well for the price they charge.
    I think that sums up my view of it. Sorry it is so long.
    Not long, right to the point. You site some solid reasons why you use it.

I like the Idea it's made here (isn't it?).

Thanks,

I know Rectorseal is in Houston, Texas. Not sure where they have it made.

I know that most distributors like Gemaire, Johnstone and most others are carrying the pump.

Thats exactly my story.

I too am in Florida and the crap that grows in these drains usually just laughs at a shop vac.

What is your succes ratio with the pump? Does it always work or is it most, some of the time etc. Do you still need the Nitro often?

It works every time and even on solid clogs. The more you pump the more powerful it gets. It is great. Check out the video, it is a little corny but stay with it it really shows the pump in action it's on www.ACDRAINPUMP.COM
    The video is on the home page and it is by a HVAC tech named Doctor Z.

It works every time and even on solid clogs. The more you pump the more powerful it gets. It is great. Check out the video, it is a little corny but stay with it it really shows the pump in action it's on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCvULMRUq8
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Great movie. Nice pump.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lGEq5vMj38"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lGEq5vMj38" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    <object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lGEq5vMj38"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lGEq5vMj38" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Is this from the Mighty Pump www.acdrainpump.com website ? I can't get it to load up.

Knowing hvaclover

Could be the
    Every time soaker posts a link to that Pump
    Drinking Game

Or

How to clear a condensate line with Vaseline.

J/K
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Knowing hvaclover

Could be the
    Drinking Game

Or

J/K
    The Mighty Pump drinking game is great.

Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Knowing hvaclover

Could be the
    Drinking Game

Or

J/K

Thanks for the reminder.

My old tube is running low.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast