Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 52 of 52
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    566
    The pump works great but the check valve gets clogged easily, there is some nasty stuff in some of these drain lines. I actually had to replace the check valve with one from ace

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    The pump works great but the check valve gets clogged easily, there is some nasty stuff in some of these drain lines. I actually had to replace the check valve with one from ace
    I have had the check valve clog a few times but luckily I was able to clean it out each time. I wonder if a screen would help protect the check valve.
    The pump has never failed yet to remove any type of debris in any drain line I have used it on. It is amazing the amount of suction it can generate.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    574
    What about when the drain is not completely clogged? Will the mighty pump still work?
    Do you have to cap off the tee inside?

    Sorry to resurrect this old thread.....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    What about when the drain is not completely clogged? Will the mighty pump still work?
    Do you have to cap off the tee inside?

    Sorry to resurrect this old thread.....
    The mighty pump will clear the line using any condensate water that is in the pan. It is used to maintain drains as well as unclog them. You will need to cap the tee. They are available at wholesalers and acdrainpump.com

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    574
    INSCO running a special this month, believe its under 50 bucks.... thanks for the answer...looks like this will be added to the "tools wish i have/need file"
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    INSCO running a special this month, believe its under 50 bucks.... thanks for the answer...looks like this will be added to the "tools wish i have/need file"
    No problem. It is a great product. Under50.00 is a great deal.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,248
    I always used a vacuum cleaner hooked up wherever the drain pipe emptied out.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    INSCO running a special this month, believe its under 50 bucks.... thanks for the answer...looks like this will be added to the "tools wish i have/need file"
    I have to add it to the list of tools I wish I had the patent on!
    II Chronicles 7:14 Galatians 2:20 Ephesians 2:8-9

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quincy,MA
    Posts
    46
    I use a Dewalt cordless shop vac. It runs on either 110v or battery. Currently I use one of the 12v batteries from my drill. I cant remember what battery voltages it can use. But,what we run into here in MA it has cleared 100% of the clogs I have run into. IMO it will suck the &$$ out of a cat. Good strong vacuum for the size.
    Remember the 5 'P' rule : Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

    Know what you don't know.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by George Fernandez View Post
    I use a Dewalt cordless shop vac. It runs on either 110v or battery. Currently I use one of the 12v batteries from my drill. I cant remember what battery voltages it can use. But,what we run into here in MA it has cleared 100% of the clogs I have run into. IMO it will suck the &$$ out of a cat. Good strong vacuum for the size.
    I had the same thing on my truck before I retired, works good and makes a nice little clean up vacuum too.
    II Chronicles 7:14 Galatians 2:20 Ephesians 2:8-9

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    A small liquid CO2 bottle + accessories is the way to go!

    Small bottle with regulator and blow gun.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...o2-mini-system

    Drain cleaning kit to go with it.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...-accessory-kit

    If suction is needed.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...suction-device

    The trick is to pipe all your drains so there is a Tee you can insert the drain bladder in to clear out the drain line.

    You can keep a larger bottle of liquid CO2 on your truck for refilling the small bottle.
    I keep a 20# aluminum CO2 bottle, with dip tube, on my truck, and only have to get it refilled 2 or 3 times a year. Any welding gas supplier can handle the refilling.

    The rig is also very handy for cleaning out control compartments, blowing out small condenser coils, etc., many many uses.
    With a larger drain bladder, and some fittings, it can also be used to clear clogged floor drains.

    The full setup like I have is around $500 once, then maybe $30 to $60 a year for CO2.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    A small liquid CO2 bottle + accessories is the way to go!

    Small bottle with regulator and blow gun.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...o2-mini-system

    Drain cleaning kit to go with it.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...-accessory-kit

    If suction is needed.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...suction-device

    The trick is to pipe all your drains so there is a Tee you can insert the drain bladder in to clear out the drain line.

    You can keep a larger bottle of liquid CO2 on your truck for refilling the small bottle.
    I keep a 20# aluminum CO2 bottle, with dip tube, on my truck, and only have to get it refilled 2 or 3 times a year. Any welding gas supplier can handle the refilling.

    The rig is also very handy for cleaning out control compartments, blowing out small condenser coils, etc., many many uses.
    With a larger drain bladder, and some fittings, it can also be used to clear clogged floor drains.

    The full setup like I have is around $500 once, then maybe $30 to $60 a year for CO2.
    That would be great for the Bone Dry Co2 we use for braze purge....any idea on the cost of just the tank and adapter to fill the small tank?

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    That would be great for the Bone Dry Co2 we use for braze purge....any idea on the cost of just the tank and adapter to fill the small tank?
    Yeah, the little 1.25# capacity bottle holds more than enough liquid CO2 that. I think the low flow rate used would not cause any issues with to bottle getting to cold.
    When I'm blowing out a condenser coil, the little bottle gets to cold to handle with normal work gloves on.
    I've got an older version of it that doesn't have the full leather cover, just a holster for the blow gun.

    You may be interested in this setup too, as it has more capacity, and can be used with CO2 or N2, holders for accessories, and the shoulder strap.
    It didn't exist when I got my setup.
    It would hold enough CO2 to get you through purging while brazing, pressure testing a residential split, or a package unit, with enough left over to clean out the control compartment and maybe blow out the condenser coil if it is not to bad.
    http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...eaning-system/
    My small bottle can be jammed in my tool bag, but I'm thinking of getting the bigger one.

    It has been a 6 or 7 years since I bought one, but the 1.25# bottle, with regulator, hose, and blow gun, was in the $120 range.
    I've no idea what the setup with the 2.5# CO2/N2 bottle costs.
    The small tank comes with a simple adapter for filling it, basically just a coupling with a vent so you can purge the dip tube in the big tank of vapor before opening the valve on the little tank to fill it with liquid.
    There are other transfill options if you wanted to have a really big bottle at the shop for technicians to fill their small bottles from.

    Just the 20# capacity aluminum cylinder with dip tube is in the $200 range.
    It is less than $20 to swap at a welding supply, but you have to make absolutely sure they are giving you a bottle with a dip tube, or you will have to turn it upside down to fill your small bottle from it.
    Last edited by mark beiser; 04-20-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event