Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    E150 is for delivering flowers and lighter duty work, they do get used a lot for heavier duty than they are rated for, that's why you will find a lot of them out there that are done at 100k miles

E250 minimum, we only buy the 350

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    E150 is for delivering flowers and lighter duty work, they do get used a lot for heavier duty than they are rated for, that's why you will find a lot of them out there that are done at 100k miles

E250 minimum, we only buy the 350
    I agree people try to tow a couple of four ton condensers up a hill and wonder why the tranny is done. Its not made for that.I like that flowers that was good.

E-150 vans are girly girl vans, buy an E-350, you will be much happier. I have nothing less than an E-350 or E-450 in my parking lot!

Just played with mine... No Not a "Tranny" the Transmission. At 40 to 50 as soon as I Stomp it, the tach starts to climb and right into a lower gear. Mine did not rev up, it dropped into a lower gear in less than a second.

Check this out, and tell me what it is?

Yea, this is a "Tranny"!
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    Just played with mine... No Not a "Tranny" the Transmission. At 40 to 50 as soon as I Stomp it, the tach starts to climb and right into a lower gear. Mine did not rev up, it dropped into a lower gear in less than a second.

Check this out, and tell me what it is?

Yea, this is a "Tranny"!
    Prove it. :>)
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

I talked to a transmission guy today and he said that the newer transmissions and even gas pedal work off of electronics, and it can take a little time for the computer to communicate to the transmission, but he would have to drive the vehicle to see if there was a problem.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

If "the grass is greener on the other side", it likely has been fertilized with Bull$hit!

They have weird torque setting in their computers to compensate for weight and other factors. A mechanic who works on my company vans explained this to me because I thought my transmission was failing. Although unless the van is super heavy, it shouldn't mess with it.

I also agree with someone a couple posts back, the F-350 is superior and it won't be a strain on the van as much as the E-150. My 150 was shot within 79,000 but my E-350 is at 183,000 and going strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12