+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Littering

Post Likes

Littering

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on littering, and if perhaps any of you do it to keep your truck clean?

Post Likes
    nope..i use a small waste can between seats

Post Likes
    What kind of stupid question is that? Do you think us to be simpletons and just throw our fast food trash out the window?

Do you drive to work or bring your lunch?

Post Likes
    apparently you never seen the inside of my van.................

which reminds me, I really need to tyr and locate the accelerator
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    After sweeping up cigarette butts at a commercial rental property I wish the cops would start giving tickets out for that instead of all the BS traffic tickets the write. But that would require an original thought
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    After sweeping up cigarette butts at a commercial rental property I wish the cops would start giving tickets out for that instead of all the BS traffic tickets the write. But that would require an original thought
    I've got one for ya.

My wife got a letter from the Texas DPS, informing her that she was seen throwing a cigarette butt out her window. They gave the hundred block,street name, and time of day the offense occurred.
    No ticket though.
    True story.

Post Likes
    Just put a 5-gallon bucket between the seats and empty it day-to-day. It hold alot of garbage and doesn't take up too much room in my E-150 or E-350.

Post Likes
    I kept a fair sized garbage can in front of the passenger seat and emptied it into a dumpster at my customer's, commercial retail customers, when necessary. I also cleaned trash out of the rest of my truck weekly and put it into the can at my house for disposal.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    What kind of stupid question is that? Do you think us to be simpletons and just throw our fast food trash out the window?
    Yeah, really, that is a top 5 five stupid question in here, and there have been loads of stupid ones for sure.
    You win some kind of award for that one.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I stop at deli's and convenience stores a lot for beverages during the day. I fill the plastic bags they give me with trash till they're full and then tie them closed and pull up to the nearest dumpster to dispose of them.

But...I live and work in a rural area. I'm not against throwing a banana peel, apple core, or something similar out of the window. I just make sure it goes out into the field or into the woods.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Post Likes
    Are you really asking us if we throw our trash out the window?

Is this a trick question?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Are you really asking us if we throw our trash out the window?

Is this a trick question?
    I think he is serious.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I never litter ... ever.

I have posted here before about the parking lot at my shop. They clean this lot three times a week, yes three times a week. The next day you can not tell it was cleaned, it is amazing what pigs people are. It cuts across social lines, rich or poor there are plenty of slobs. A week ago someone dumped their cars complete interior mess onto the parking lot. It must have taken them ten minutes, just unbelievable how much trash. I have "talked" to people I see doing it and most have no shame. There are waste containers available and conveniently placed, it does not matter. The slobs can't walk five extra feet and place the trash in the waste containers. Instead they throw the stuff at... not in the containers.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Do you drive to work or bring your lunch?

Ummm ... I'm confused ... I thought you were a simpleton ... so are you saying you are not?

Oh, remember to roll the window down first...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Have you not ever seen the Indian crying commercial ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post

Up to a 200.00 fine in our city for tossing out a cigarette butt....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=vmc1161;7513662]Ummm ... I'm confused ... I thought you were a simpleton ... so are you saying you are not?

Oh, remember to roll the window down first...

Reminds me of that movie...where Billy Crystal goes to spit gum out the window and the window is up.

Post Likes
    I never litter intentionally. I've occasionally had a piece of paper blow out of the van, and all be danged if I'm going to chase it when it's windy as heck out.

I was at the c-store the other day, standing talking with a friend in the parking lot. As we stood there some lady (nice looking too) came out with a pack of cigarettes (well, there went the good looking), sitting in her car, she opens the top (paper and plastic part), and just toss's it out the window. I swear some people need to be slapped.

Even on bigger job sites it seems rare to find one that's clean with out garbage all over in the lot and building. I read on here some where that the European (?) job sites are known to be some of the cleanest around because they actually take pride in their site being clean. That'd sure be nice here!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in