What's the air temp in your truck?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the air temp in your truck?

Checked my thermometer a foot down from the dashboard where the sun doesn't hit it, and it read 121F. Turned just the blower on at high speed and the one stuck in the vent stabilized at 125F.

In the sun, 148, in the shade, 131, in the drivway - WTFC"s !!!!
    At lunch, in a parking deck( if I can fit in) a COOL 68 !!!! That big Ford V8 is good for somthing !!!!

About 45, my ac works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    About 45, my ac works very well.
    How do you turn the steering wheel? Seems like your arms would be running into your nipples.

Do you mean inside the cab or the engine temp? My van is always at 75 winter or summer in the cab but my A/C and Heat work very well. =]

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    Checked my thermometer a foot down from the dashboard where the sun doesn't hit it, and it read 121F. Turned just the blower on at high speed and the one stuck in the vent stabilized at 125F.
    My last truck I was in for 2 days during a heat advisory was at those temps. If the company had that trucks ac working right I may have been able to make it, but got let go 'cause I couldn't handle the heat. I've had heat stroke before & without a cooling off place between service calls I'm dead in the water. Seemed like good people, but it's not right to send a man out in that heat all day without an air conditioned van IMHO.

If the truck a/c doesn't work..neither do I. I didn't sign up to be tortured like a Vietnam POW.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    If the truck a/c doesn't work..neither do I. I didn't sign up to be tortured like a Vietnam POW.
    I went through it for 2 days & they acted like I was less than a human for getting overheated. Stupid crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    I went through it for 2 days & they acted like I was less than a human for getting overheated. Stupid crap.
    charge it? What do you mean? (I'm drunk, trying to figure out your dilema).

We had a guy that came to us from Tennessee, down here to the swamp. He was found unconscious beside the condenser. Now there is a reason that people didn't live here before disney came around, and a/c became affordable...Because this **** is hot. 100f and high humidity on a daily basis. What kills me is that the official temperature is measured at the airport..Which is the coolest place in town. The weather man says "it was a little warm today with a high of 96". FU weather schmuck. I measured 103 F @ 43% RH. So yes..you must have a working a/c in that uninsulated metal box that I have to sit in....

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    charge it? What do you mean? (I'm drunk, trying to figure out your dilema).

Thumbs up Its even HOT in WI this summer

Hey I really feel for you guys. The truck I drive only has working A/C when we drive, and that's bad enough. On Wed. we had 100 degrees and high humidity. Good for business, but, I agree... after working in a mobile home all afternoon with no A/C it's too much too have to leave in an even hotter truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast