Thread: York a coil & Goodman condenser unit

Post Likes

York a coil & Goodman condenser unit

Am trying to figure out orifice meter size on a York a coil which says you can go either R22 or 410. The installation manual specs does not have the model # listed....it is G2FD046H17G...the ones listed either end in (x) or (T)....the condensing unit is a Goodman 2 ton which specs for 410. Just rying to make sure I match up correctly...any suggestions????????

Post Likes
    The orifice that comes with the condenser is the correct size. I'm not sure the Goodman orifice will fit a York coil. Why not Goodman & Goodman? If you mismatched manufactcurers to save a few bucks, now's when you pay the real cost.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    thanks, i have what i have. the main thing i need to know is if i need to change the metering device on th york a coil. it is a 78 but am not sure if it needs to be changed to a 410 or something else. the specs in the manual only gives what it is not what i need to go to...??????????

Post Likes
    Go to your supplier for advise
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    2 ton A/C on 4 ton mismatched coil, boy this is gonna cool and DEHUMIDIFY well

Post Likes
    You need to call Goodman and tell them what you have.They should be able to advise you,any decent co should be able to advise you.
    The answer may be however to match it with a Goodman coil.

Post Likes

Frown

who said it was a 4 ton York ??...you can adjust this York to 5 different tonage (sp). both units are brand new and when I spoke to both suppliers thay said you can make them compatable. the house is only 1,100 sq. ft. and the furnace was set to match that. i aint no brain trust but if both manufacturers are saying you can do this, why cant any one figure out the right orifice to go with ???????

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kcmeyers View Post
    who said it was a 4 ton York ??...you can adjust this York to 5 different tonage (sp). both units are brand new and when I spoke to both suppliers thay said you can make them compatable. the house is only 1,100 sq. ft. and the furnace was set to match that. i aint no brain trust but if both manufacturers are saying you can do this, why cant any one figure out the right orifice to go with ???????

Because both of your suppliers are full of snot.

There is NO correct orifice for that match up.

Post Likes
    PS: That coil is not a good coil for any 2 ton condenser. Not even a York 2 stage 2 ton condenser.

Post Likes
    Well K.C. I don't know where you're working but 2.0-tons seems like a lot of cooling for 1,100 sq. ft. to me. Did you do a Manual 'J' before you selected the equipment or just look at the oversized furnace rating? I still don't understand how you selected this match-up. You say you've got what you've got. That doesn't mean much but here's the bottom line. The compressor in the condensing unit can pump a fixed amount of refrigerant per second/minute/hour. In order to properly deliver liquid refrigerant to the indoor coil, Goodman has thoroughly tested the outdoor unit and prescribed a specific orifice size to be used with the indoor coil. THAT is the size you need. It came with the condenser in a little plastic bag attached to the unit in the vicinity of the service valves. Now if my memory serves me well, the piston that comes with a Goodman is for a Goodman coil and while the hole (orifice) in the piston is the same size by number as any other, the physical measurements of the piston are, I believe, too big to fit into the York fitting. So you'll need to go to the York distributor and get the proper sized piston that is sized to the piston number (it's also normally printed on the data plate on the condenser) for the condenser but it's York piston so it will fit into the fitting for the York coil.

In the future, you could save yourself a whole lot of aggravation by keeping the coils and condensers matched or at least matched enough so the pistons are interchangable. Wish you good luck.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    Thanks skippedover,
    That was the first logical solution I had all day..even from the suppliers.
    I will not bore with how I came about this combination but really appreciate it when one will get past the obvious snafus or "should of's" and provide a solution of some kind that makes sense...hopefully the retrofit will not cost tooo much.
    Thanks again!!

Post Likes
    I just thought you used too many "?" at the end of your sentences. It was like a .......and should have been more like
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in