Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hill Emhart

Cool

Went to a new account today and they have a Hill Emhart rack system M# D951570 75AL5. This unit does not have a wiring diagram, does any know where I could I&O manual.

That "Emhart" thing rings a bell, but I can't place where I've seen that. Is it a real old rack, made by CV Hill out of New Jersey?????

If it's old, a wiring diagram probably won't help, if it was available, which it most likely won't be.

What does that rack look like?

How many compressors, color of panels, type of controller, that sort of thing.

The rack has three copeland compressors. The color of the equipment is brown(if that makes any difference) Not sure what type of controller it has but everything is electro-mechanically controled. Didnt really get a chance to look at everything b/c when I was there they had a stand alone Ice cream freezer that was down, but I am going back in the next couple of days to start and do the maintance on the building. If anyone has any info on where, or how to find out about Hill Emhart equipment I would really appricate it. Thank you.

Hmm

It's old, then.

Post specific questions, and I'll help where I can. If it has the "atron" control on it yet, I can explain that if needed, also. It's pretty simple.

I come on this site all the time but this is my first post, i enjoy reading things posted by you, you have alot of info i would like to pick your brain.

Could you please explain that controller. Also on the liquid line for this rack it tees off and one of the lines goes into the suction header?? Explain please

Emhart once owned C.V. Hill, but they are now part of Hill PHOENIX (itself owned by Dover).

http://www.hillphoenix.com/

Would you have any idea where I could find an installation and operation manaul. Contact number or website. Hill Phoneix website only has a number for case displays, not there racks

Where in Miami did you come across that thing? Old converted Food Lion maybe, or Food Fair.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by miami-j
    I come on this site all the time but this is my first post, i enjoy reading things posted by you, you have alot of info i would like to pick your brain.

Could you please explain that controller. Also on the liquid line for this rack it tees off and one of the lines goes into the suction header?? Explain please
    I doubt that that rack hasz the atron, as I'm pretty sure that the atron was born after the Emhart era, but I could be wrong. The only racks you're going to see with it have surge receivers, not flow throughs.

The ATRON system consists of several components, the actual atron solid state control box, the sensor, and the solenoid.

The sensors operate on the same principle as the TIF electronics sightglass.

The sensors are mounted on the liquid line, just below the sightglass, and sense flash gas in the liquid line. When it "sees" flashgas, it activates the hot gas solenoid, which dumps hot gas on top of the liquid in the surge tank, to help push liquid out of the tank, and into the liquid line. The dial on the box, marked 20-40-80 are the "seconds" of on time that the solenoid will dump the hot gas onto the tank. If it's on too long, you could push all the liquid out, and have hot gas dumping into the tank, causing the flashgas that it was trying to prevent. Too short, and the flashing would reappear frequently. Leave it set where it is unless you're sure you kno what you're doing.

These are most often ripped out, and replaced with a Sporlan ORD-4-20 nowadays, which works much better, ith a lot less parts, and nothing electric to fail.

I can't think of one good reason to tee a liquid line into a suction header. Are you sure it's liquid and not a hot gas defrost line, teed into one of the systems, behind an EPR or solenoid valve? The only other thing I can think of is that it could be an old subcooler line. Is there a valve on it, somewhere????

Originally posted by miami-j
    Would you have any idea where I could find an installation and operation manaul. Contact number or website. Hill Phoneix website only has a number for case displays, not there racks
    You're out of luck looking for that info, unless the chain has it in their office. That stuff is out of print, and chances are, there is no one at Hill-Phoenix who knows anything about a rack that old.

You could try to locate a contractor that has been a Hill dealer since the old days, maybe they'd have a copy in their office, but. it'll need to be a company that's been doing supermarkets for thirty years or better...

this will make no sense, but shut down a supermarket 3 yrs ago.

did a reno at another for the same chain, and added a rack, was the old emhart i had previously shut down, now 3 pumps and a a sattelite, and full microthermo control, it is a POS
    but keeps us busy as there is no warranty on it
    we have no print either, just trace wires out - only way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast