Thread: Amazing

Amazing

I got a call Thursday for an Est. at an Adult Daycare Facility, person calling says they have a 2 1/2 ton should be a 5 ton. OK fast forward to Friday, Scheduled them for first thing on the way to another call. I get there, talk with the owners rep and he starts to fill me in, " I need 3 estimates to replace equipment " he says. He then tels me about the on going problems... zone dampers have been locked in the open or shut position depending on the needs at that time, a 2 1/2 ton condensing unit was installed on a 5 ton evap coil and another system is not cooling very well so he wants to replace them. Note all of this equipment is less than 6 years old. I asked many more questions and then told him I could fix the system that was not cooling well, the liquid line was sweating from the outdoor unit right after the drier to the TXV. There is indeed a 2 1/2 ton condensor on a 5 ton coil and it is also flat on charge. 3 1/2 hours later I have the drier replaced, 2 of the zone dampers working and showed him where the 5 ton coil was leaking and that it did have the wrong condensing unit ( which was installed 2 years ago ) He was told by 3 companys last week that all of these systems were working 100% and it was the unusual heat that was the problem. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " If its Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?"

Sounds like the some of the other guys looked at it and saw a continuing source of headaches and just shot from the hip to either make quick cash or walk away from it altogether.

You on the other hand sound like a competent and ethical technician. But, depending on the quantity of systems and history here, you may have just scratched the surface.

This time of year, it's hard to spend 4 hours in one location chasing unknowns when calls from your existing customers are piling up.

You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Yes the 3 1/2 hours killed my day but I frlt in the end it was what should have been done all along.
    " If its Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?"