Confused Trane Fan/Compressor Not Working

I have a gas Trane central A/C unit, 4 units/zones in my house, and one unit/zone isn't working (the other 3 work fine). If I shut the thermostat off for that zone for an extended period of time, the fan and compressor will work for the first cycle (although it will cool the zone the air flow does not feel as strong as in the other zones), but after it reaches the set temp and shuts off it will not cycle back on when the temp exceeds the setting.

I do hear the thermostat "click" when the preset temp is reached, but there is no air flow in the house in that zone and the outside fan/compressor for that zone does not activate, so the problem does not appear to be the thermostat. The breakers for the ac unit have been checked and they are fine.

I had a local HVAC company come by and they said the freon was fine, and because I had it off before they came, when they turned it on and the fan/compressor came on they said it was fine and left without checking if it would come back on after it cycled (which it did not).

Very strange, and I can't find a good local HVAC company. Any thoughts on what may be the problem?

it sounds like a thermostat issue to me. about the only thing you as home owner could check would be the batteries in the thermostat they may be failing, although usally you would begain to loose your thermostats display. if not the batteries call for service an try to recreate the problem when they are there. Most good companys don't charge for call backs.

I just noticed there was a lot of water in the condensate line to the pump and the pump was not mounted level. I adjusted the pump so it was level, it kicked on. pumped out the water that was in the pump well, and the ac fan/copmpressor kicked on.

Can't believe it was that simple. Does this make sense?

condensate pumps can have an separate saftey float to turn off the equipment befor the pump over flows. but just moving the pump should have not have turned it on. if the water level turned off the sencond float than the first one turning on the pump should have already activated. the pump probally had the system off but there is a problem at the pump.