Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    why do some shops call themselves"christian oriented". I'm just curious. What if you're a skilled tech but of other religious orientation.I've worked for owners of the jewish faith,no problem,but they did'nt advertise it.
    This is AMERICA.

I think they do it to get business from a certain demographic & maybe to even convince non-religious folk that they're an honest company.

I have a fish......

Originally posted by special ed
    I think they do it to get business from a certain demographic & maybe to even convince non-religious folk that they're an honest company.
    .... on my company truck and was told by another believer that it was facing the wrong way. Its facing left, which to this person implied that the fish was swimming downstream (with the current) and not upstream (against the current) which is how christians should swim (against the current).

I told them that its simply a matter of which side of the river your standing on, and from my side of the river- the fish is swimming upstream by facing to the left.

If a company is not honest and truthful I think it wouldn't be long before most responsible companies would catch on, regardless of how they believe. I don't think non-religious folks are any more naive then belivers.

There is only one true religion, the others are protestant.

Originally posted by acmanko
    ================================================== =========

I am prone to agree wholeheartedly with you on this, ac. Catholicism is a religion. Kinda like religious about money...or about cars...or about football...or about altar boys.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I never mentioned Catholics or their beliefs.

I know. I did it for ya.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

He was talking about the World Wide Church of Jack Daniel's

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by James 3528
    He was talking about the World Wide Church of Jack Daniel's
    Amen...hiccup...brother...

I don't like using religion as a selling gimic. I see the fish used all the time in companies ads. Funny how it was the symbol of the philistine god dagon and now is supposed to symbolize christianity. But most of today's religious symbols have pagan roots. The jewish "star of david" is babylonian in origin. It was probably brought back when the jews came back from captivity in babylon after 457 bc long after David had lived and died. The cross is a symbol of the god tammuz. Even the pope's and bishops robes and funny hats are the same as the priests of dagon wore. It is interesting how certain things are incorporated into religion from other religions and handed down thru the generations.

ok woods mec, since you know so much, where was baptizm borrowed from? was it also an existing pagan practice, was it a spin off of the O.T. practice of anointing w/oil. Just wondering, I was raised Lutheran, and they believe one way, but from reading the Bible I now believe differently. I wondered about that though.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Originally posted by woods mech
    I don't like using religion as a selling gimic.

I gotta throw in with you there, and include t-shirts, bumper stickers and all that cause sometimes I don't look like the guy Jesus wants me to be.

I heard of a lady who got cut off in traffic, and she followed the guy a couple blocks shaking her fist and shouting at him. A cop seen this and pulled her over. When she asked him why he pulled her over, he just asked for her license and registration. He studied the papers a while and announced that when he saw the way she was behaving, and read the Christian bumper stickers, he thought the car might be stolen.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Originally posted by acmanko

Got an argument for that? I got one against it
    TB

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast