Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    compressor now in....AE230BT-401-J7 ,AEA5460EXA ,R-22 , B1402 , S# 122405 , Techumseh

EVAP. now in. peerless of america,m# l5105 , s# 151146-A32

Thing is this , the unit is running at perfect pressures for 134a with perfect subcooling and superheat readings, but will only pull down to 41-45 at most. The makeline states it came with a compressor with a 51amp LRA and the one in it thats been changed is only a 31amp LRA , and what got me wondering if they put wrong compressor in it. Any help in getting the BTU rating of these, or what the right copeland would be for this would be greatly appreciated .

the Delfield makeline( pizza prep table) m# prr705 s# r24120

[Edited by Wannamakeice on 09-27-2004 at 08:20 AM]

if this is a 35 deg box, the compressor is around 5000 btuh
    have no idea on the coil

Can someone please head me in the right direction here, where the hell is Doww when you need him , or Dave , DAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

NEEDING MORE THAN GUESS WORK HERE!!! Can someone tell me where i can find out what size is in it and if it matches the evaporator thats in it?

Originally posted by Wannamakeice
    compressor now in....AE230BT-401-J7 ,AEA5460EXA ,R-22 , B1402 , S# 122405 , Techumseh

EVAP. now in. peerless of america,m# l5105 , s# 151146-A32

Thing is this , the unit is running at perfect pressures for 134a with perfect subcooling and superheat readings, but will only pull down to 41-45 at most. The makeline states it came with a compressor with a 51amp LRA and the one in it thats been changed is only a 31amp LRA , and what got me wondering if they put wrong compressor in it. Any help in getting the BTU rating of these, or what the right copeland would be for this would be greatly appreciated .

The AEA5460EXA Tecumseh compressor is a 6000 BTU R-22 compressor for A/C. It is rated at +45* or +45* high temp applications. You need a medium temp compressor rated for +20* for your cooler not a High Temp. That is all it will do and the reason it will not cool better than 41-45*. Why are they using it with R-134?

I am sorry that I can't find any info on your Peerless. If I were to make a guess.... 5100 BTU rating?

Copeland has an R-134a compressor RS54C1E-IAA. It will put out about 5410 BTU @ +20*. It is going to be hard to find a 120V compressor larger that this unless you use R-22. If you use R-22 Copeland makes RS64C2-IAA compressor that will give you 6390 BTU @ +20*.

Hope this helps

thanks Big L,

I didnt put this in , just came upon it.
    Said noone in KC could fix it .
    When I seen the RLA was so much different than nameplate RLA and it was a 22 compressor is what got me guessing, guessed right at that( pats self on shoulder ).
    Finally found techumseh's compressor model # conversion , your right , and ty ty ty for the model of copeland i need, again , thx brother .

[Edited by Wannamakeice on 09-27-2004 at 08:26 AM]

It's all good...

Are you going to do a load calculation on that box? Don't stop at just replacing the compressor. If a hack....errr, someone put the incorrect compressor in there is no telling what else may be wrong. Use a fine toothed comb and make it right top to bottom as I know you will. Don't forget the new start components.

Wanna

Where have you been ???

Long time no see.

Is either piece of equipment undersized for the box? If the originals were matched, and held temp, you're OK if you match them back up. If this was a builtup deal that had no real design, it might be time to look at replacing both pieces.

I see it's a pizza prep table, must be a pretty good sized one, huh?

I believe that peerless evaporator is an LS-105. that is a 1050btu coil at a 10 degree T.D. I will check on the tecumseh specs when I get to work, but I think that the compressor is too big for that evap even with a 20 degree TD. is this a low slope type evaporator? like a TA bohn coil or a SLA Russell Coil?

Ya Dave , been real busy openin up my own commercial kitchen service biz, was out of town at a hotel when I wrote the question.

Talk about hacks , they cut holes 12" round and inserted some plastic desk fans with the clip ripped off of it ,under where you put the pizza prep going into the box hoping to pull the conditioned air up into the prep box itself LMMFAO ! Took me a couple hours just to make that right.
    The 22 had such a high head under that table it was actually heating the prep food at that end of the table !!! When they couldnt figure out why the AC wouldnt start they shut it off at disconnect on roof and left it , it was out on LP control lmao .
    Hacks to say the least .

Yeah Supplymike , it is a low slope type that hangs from the top of the box .Has the aluminum drain pan that holds the fan also.

Also , its not a Delfield thats what most of the Dominos have, its a Stanley Knight , sorry about that.

does anyone know the url for stanleyknight?

Originally posted by Wannamakeice
    does anyone know the url for stanleyknight?
    They were a subsidiary of Tyler refrigeration. But Tyler has long since been acquired by Carrier/UT.

Tyler's URL is:

http://www.tylerrefrigeration.com

But I doubt you'll find much on Stanley Knight there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast