Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McLeroy overthrown

Don McLeroy , who worked to provide Texas and the nation with unbiased school books has been overthrown in a left-wing coup d'้tat .

McLeroy and the conservative half of the Board questioned certain questionable "facts" that were being placed in school books.(as is their job)

Since Texas is the largest purchaser of school books, nation-wide book writers tailor school books to the Texas requirments.

McLeroy questioned American school books referring to America as "Imperialist" which they replaced with "Expansionist"
    The books referred to America's early involvment in WW1 as "Propaganda".
    McLeroy and the Board also removed descriptions of America as being "Capitalist"

The biggest controversy was questioning some teachings about Evolution and adding suggestions of Creationism.

In a disturbing statement by one of McLeroy's organized opponents, she said that
    "Those are the facts that kids are going to need if they are going to be successful in college"

McLeroy served on the board for 12 years.
    He served in the military.
    He is a dentist.
    He volunteers with Boyscouts of America, Gideons International, and he is a Sunday school teacher.

In a phony election he lost to Thomas Ratliff, who is a lobbyist.
    Ratliff says he is a Christian who doesn't mind children being taught Evolution.

The phony election results were he received 57,528 votes (49.6 percent) to Ratliff's 58,388 (50.4 percent).

Man! you just missed it!
    ...so close.
    ( the closer the election results, the more credible they seem)

they say there won't be any new changes for another 10 years

Nothing unbiased about old leroy there......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Well you know the old saying "**** floats to the top". Apparently it happened again in that "close" election. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Mcleroy, an ardent supporter and expert practioner of the art of dumbing down.

Good riddance.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

yeah , that's why the country is going down the drain, because of a heavy resurgence in religion.

everywhere you go, people be religious

Here are some other changes this dentist who also believes the Earth is 6000 years old wants.
    Thomas Jefferson deserves to be erased from a list of "great Americans", but Ronald Reagan doesn't. And we should re-evaluate Senator Joe McCarthy: he was almost certainly a national hero lol.
    The school board's decrees range from the surreal to the faintly sinister. One dictates that the Republican former House speaker Newt Gingrich should be studied. Another says that the speeches of Jefferson Davis, the slave-owning president of the Confederacy, should be taught alongside those of Abraham Lincoln.
    Jefferson's importance to the nation's founding fathers will in future be played down. That change to the curriculum was supported by evangelical Christians, who dislike Jefferson's support for the separation of church and state. A dentist called Roy McElroy, failed by a whisker last year to get the board to force the teaching of Creationism alongside evolution in science lessons.
    This year he supported a successful move to have the term "capitalism" replaced with "free market enterprise" in classes.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Country music is an important modern cultural movement; hip-hop isn't.
    Well, singin bout cappin hoes and sippin 40's outside the 5 and dime is culturally important I guess.

I would talk more but its time to go pop that coochie

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    Well, singin bout cappin hoes and sippin 40's outside the 5 and dime is culturally important I guess.

Good post daytona and here is one just for you pagey. Enjoy hope you see it. Thank you, thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHSdloGONtU
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I knew I shouldn't have included that lol. I guess your pickup truck is important too. I am taking this as you agree with the rest of my statement.
    Even if Hip Hop is negative it is as important as country and western music.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I knew I shouldn't have included that lol. I guess your pickup truck is important too. I am taking this as you agree with the rest of my statement.
    Even if Hip Hop is negative it is as important as country and western music.
    Actually, I am in to Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, and Green Day. My post was a tad cynical.

I see nothing wrong with studying Jeff Davis or Newt as long as it is in context. Davis had his place in history, be it good or bad. I loved history classes. I think an entire class devoted to the presidency would be cool.

what ever happened to teaching the facts as there happened and letting the students form there own opinion
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Actually, I am in to Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, and Green Day. My post was a tad cynical.

I see nothing wrong with studying Jeff Davis or Newt as long as it is in context. Davis had his place in history, be it good or bad. I loved history classes. I think an entire class devoted to the presidency would be cool.
    Have seen U2 four times. The last time, my wife and I manned the info and signup table for Amnesty International. Also like Green Day and Chili Peppers are ok too.

Albert Einstein

Thomas Jefferson deserves to be erased from a list of "great Americans",

most people in America think "separation of church and state" is in our Constitution, which it is not.

the left-wing have been over-playing Jefferson's words for years because they want a wall to keep religion out.

ironically, they don't care about Jefferson's views on liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast