Post Likes

Caulking for low temperature application

What kind of caulk works best when applying at low or freezing temperatures? Such as for use in an active freezer?

Post Likes
    I don't know of any calk that will cure at or below freezing.

I still use perma-gum for line and drain penetrations

Post Likes
    maybe some sort of two part stuff that cures with each other instead of the moisture in air?

Post Likes
    In our ice bins & ice-cream bin freezers we used Sikaflex in the manufacturing of these bins. There were at ambient for a few days though before commissioning.

Cabinets was Permagum or ThumbGum & these were commissioned at the same time as application. After a few years the gum becomes brittle though , this was the only downfall.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Love your tag at the end of your post!

Post Likes
    We use this stuff. Is not cheap and thicker than bear snot. Make sure you cut a decent size hole in the end of the tube. You can apply down to -70F in wet conditions.

http://www.prosealproducts.com/produ...sp-id=278.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fridg View Post
    In our ice bins & ice-cream bin freezers we used Sikaflex in the manufacturing of these bins. There were at ambient for a few days though before commissioning.

Cabinets was Permagum or ThumbGum & these were commissioned at the same time as application. After a few years the gum becomes brittle though , this was the only downfall.
    Sikaflex takes a long time to cure at normal temps. I'm not sure how it would cure in low temps. One thing about it is once it's cured, it's never coming off.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them