Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    What's pipe diameter limit for a straight acetylene turbo torch using 15%?
    About 1" is my guesstimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I use Nitro like most, is Argon cheaper?
    Argon cost more. 80CF of Argon is $40

I saw at the Dome Hepot and wowes stores they now have tiny oxy-mapp gas torch sets, just wondering if anybody else has seen this and comments. Didn't really notice what they were marketed towards.

Quote Originally Posted by busterweaver View Post
    I saw at the Dome Hepot and wowes stores they now have tiny oxy-mapp gas torch sets, just wondering if anybody else has seen this and comments. Didn't really notice what they were marketed towards.
    Jewlers use tiny rigs.

That makes sense.

used to have a jewelers torch tip and handle that we used to braze or solder lead. Had refrigerated anodizing vats that were lead lined. Had to repair leaks in the liners, as the solutions used to anodize the aluminum would eat up the copper refer lines under the lead liner. welding lead is a fun thing to learn.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    used to have a jewelers torch tip and handle that we used to braze or solder lead. Had refrigerated anodizing vats that were lead lined. Had to repair leaks in the liners, as the solutions used to anodize the aluminum would eat up the copper refer lines under the lead liner. welding lead is a fun thing to learn.
    What's up with the lead liner ? Why lead ? A lot of lead was used in plumbing back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmont HVAC View Post
    I was taught that the tank designation was from the old days, MC Meant for Motor cycle use, as in the Head light, yes bottled gas was used for lighting, and the B tank was for use for bus head lights. not sure if it is 100% correct, but thats what our instructors taught us in trade school in the 80's
    Years ago I picked up a B tank refill. It had a gauge on the very bottom of the tank. The gauge was inside of the pedalstle ring so that you could still stand the tank up right. The gauge indicated Full-Empty.

For a long time I was puzzled as to why anyone would but a gauge on the bottom of a B-tank. If you were on the job soldering you would not be able to see this gauge.

Then one day I was going through the Auto Museum at Harrahs in Reno. On one of the old vehicles was a B-tank laying on its side on the fender of the car. As posted the car had aceylene head lights. The gauge on the bottom of the B-tank was easily read by the driver. Mystery solved.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Years ago I picked up a B tank refill. It had a gauge on the very bottom of the tank. The gauge was inside of the pedalstle ring so that you could still stand the tank up right. The gauge indicated Full-Empty.

For a long time I was puzzled as to why anyone would but a gauge on the bottom of a B-tank. If you were on the job soldering you would not be able to see this gauge.

Then one day I was going through the Auto Museum at Harrahs in Reno. On one of the old vehicles was a B-tank laying on its side on the fender of the car. As posted the car had aceylene head lights. The gauge on the bottom of the B-tank was easily read by the driver. Mystery solved.
    This thread just gets more and more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12