Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    That's true I was just trying to be accurate. It may be relevant that he was known to be gay. Could a republican nominate an open gay judge today?
    I would hope so. Not all homosexuals want to impose their sexual preferences or social attitudes on others. I'd rather see a sensibly moderate judge who happens to be homosexual then a flaming leftist judge who isn't.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I would hope so. Not all homosexuals want to impose their sexual preferences or social attitudes on others. I'd rather see a sensibly moderate judge who happens to be homosexual then a flaming leftist judge who isn't.
    You left out another possibility, or maybe you would prefer a right wing conservative judge who isn't?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

You left out another possibility, or maybe you would prefer a right wing conservative judge who isn't?
    OK I'll bite what would be wrong with a right wing conservative judge who supports hetrosexual marriages in lieu of a flaming homo leftest judge who supports gay marrage and perversion. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    Roy
    Welcome to the planet roy. Care to give us your take on the meaning of that famous quote as it relates to the current debate? Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    OK I'll bite what would be wrong with a right wing conservative judge who supports hetrosexual marriages in lieu of a flaming homo leftest judge who supports gay marrage and perversion. Thank you very much.
    Actually it was directed to RoBo because it seemed he may have been feigning being moderate when I wasn't convinced.

Also I wouldn't call him a leftist judge. He's known as a conservative with libertarian leanings. Lol, I personally wouldn't call him those other things either.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Welcome to the planet roy. Care to give us your take on the meaning of that famous quote as it relates to the current debate? Thank you, thank you very much
    There is nothing to explain, it explains itself. I may not agree with same sex unions, but I apreciate that part of our constitution, for it also protects me from others (majority rule), dictating however I want to pursuit my happiness.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Confused Something to think about.

I have some questions for those defending gay marriage and sexual orientation as civil rights. If it is a protected right and the state does not have the right to take away my rights to marry whomever I please, then:

1. Can I marry my sister?
    2. Can I marry my brother?
    3. Can I marry my sister, and my brother both?
    4. Can I marry multiple sisters and brothers?
    5. Can I marry my daughter?
    6. Can I marry my son?
    7. Can I marry both my son and my daughter, or as many of them as I want?
    8. Can I marry children?
    9. Can I marry my pets, or farm animals?
    10. Can I marry multiple choices of any of the above up to any amount that I see fit and that pleases me?

Please help me understand, if you answer is "no" to any of the above, then it very CLEARLY sounds like you are denying my rights, and you might be crossing the line into becoming some sort of right-wing, bigoted, judgmental bigot who does not understand and is violating the Constitution of United States of America.

Who are you to decide for me, whom I like to enjoy for sex and marriage, or to decide for me, how many of them I would like to be married to at one time?

Or are you some kind of religious freak forcing your views upon me?

Sounds to me like nobody has a moral compass or any conviction or understanding of what is right or wrong, but rather, "everyone decided what was right in their own eyes".

I think a persons' sexuality is their own business (not that I approve / personally).

But why do so many gays (male as well as female) have to make it everybody's business?

Pedifiles/ that's another story - they should be shot!

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    There is nothing to explain, it explains itself. I may not agree with same sex unions, but I apreciate that part of our constitution, for it also protects me from others (majority rule), dictating however I want to pursuit my happiness.

Roy
    Alright Roy, Yippee Ki Yay

Albert Einstein

This is basically the circumventing of the will of the majority of voters and once again the liberals using the courts to further their agenda.

I can't see the big fuss over "marriage". If what they really want is civil unions then why not just say "civil union" and have all of the conveniences or inconveniences of marriage?
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

"But why do so many gays (male as well as female) have to make it everybody's business?"

Yes.. "why"...especially when they constitute only 2 to 3% of the population, although that is probably rising to their aggressive and even militant activism to brainwash and convert as many (especially children) to the homo sexual lifestyle as possible.

I have listened to the testimony of several former gays, and many of them have said lying and deception towards the majority straight culture is a natural part of being gay.

That they do indeed proselytize and seek to convert, subvert, seduce, and pervert others as much as possible and that by and large they are NOT monogamous, but are the most promiscuous members of society. If I am correct, one statistic I recall hearing from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) over ten years ago was that the average homosexual had slept with over 700 partners by age 40. Their lifespan is way shorter, their health is much worse because of their choice of lifestyle, but, their income level is far higher than the national average. So in no way are they some sort of discriminated against minority who are suppressed and pushed down, it is they who are aggressively seeking to push their lifestyle upon the rest of us.

Actually it was directed to RoBo because it seemed he may have been feigning being moderate when I wasn't convinced.

Also I wouldn't call him a leftist judge. He's known as a conservative with libertarian leanings. Lol, I personally wouldn't call him those other things either.
    Well I was using a metaphor and not necessary referring the the gay judge who supported his personal interest and gay lover in his decision. Thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast