Guess what Cal. Fed. Judge Vaughn R. Walker is and it isn't straight?
Page 1 of 47 1234567811 ... LastLast

Guess what Cal. Fed. Judge Vaughn R. Walker is and it isn't straight?

Yep his is an open gay serving as a Federal District Judge. "Walker is one of two federal judges publicly known to be gay." Wouldn't just know it that of all the judges to hear the case of California's law banning gay marriages it would have to be an open gay judge.

Of course he left his personal perverted views out of decision. What a joke. Wonder how come the media kept so silent about it? Could it be that they didn't know and surly aren't biased and would tell us all the "facts".

Yeah sure. What a scam now the voters of California are not allowed to ban gay marriages because a "gay" judge has ruled it unconstitutional. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaughn_R._Walker
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yep his is an open gay serving as a Federal District Judge. "Walker is one of two federal judges publicly known to be gay." Wouldn't just know it that of all the judges to hear the case of California's law banning gay marriages it would have to be an open gay judge.

Of course he left his personal perverted views out of decision. What a joke. Wonder how come the media kept so silent about it? Could it be that they didn't know and surly aren't biased and would tell us all the "facts".

Yeah sure. What a scam now the voters of California are not allowed to ban gay marriages because a "gay" judge has ruled it unconstitutional. Thank you, thank you very much.

Where in the constitution does it say gays can not get married?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Where in the constitution does it say gays can not get married?
    You have to be kidding. Where in the constitution does it say gays have a right to get married by a state. Marriage is left to the states to handle and administer. The tenth admendment handles this. The constitution does not mention marriage. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You have to be kidding. Where in the constitution does it say gays have a right to get married by a state. Marriage is left to the states to handle and administer. The tenth admendment handles this. The constitution does not mention marriage. Thank you very much.
    So if a state votes and passes a law that a black man has to enter a place of business by the back door then the states have the right to do it?

The constitution says nothing about marriage. It's a state's right, the feds need to keep their nose out of it.

As to states passing laws governing race in marriage, that would likely be in-conflict with federal civil rights laws. But sexual orientation has no such protection.

So if a state votes and passes a law that a black man has to enter a place of business by the back door then the states have the right to do it?
    Ken answered your question above. Let me ask however do you think the states exist in our Constitution just to issue driver's licenses and administer whatever laws Congress passes or directives issued by the President and the federal bureaucracy.

Have you ever even read it? Or do you just feel that is how it should be because in your mind they should have the right. Well that is exactly how most liberals view the Constitution so you are not the only one. Just wonder where liberals got there education? . Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

this was no accident

I understand the reasoning for the separation of powers and why there states have jurisdiction in some areas while the federal government has in others.

It is the same here, we have provincial powers and federal powers.

In this ruling it was not the federal government butting into the state's turf but people of that state asking why they were being denied the right to marry the person of their choice.

The state recognizes the right for heterosexual's to choose whoever they want to marry and yet it denies the same right to couples of the same sex.

In the court case the state and the proponents of the law to ban same sex marriages were given the opportunity to give their case why gay people should not be allowed to marry while the proponents for gay marriage were given the same opportunity to show why they should be allowed to marry.

The heart of the same sex marriage ban was if same sex couples were allowed to marry that this would have a negative effect on straight marriages and in effect stable households to raise children.

Well it seems the gay marriage deniers did not bring forth compelling evidence that allowing gay couples to marry would harm straight couple's marriages. And in that end they did not show how it would be in the government's interest to discriminate against individuals to be able to chose to marry whomever they please.

Or at least that is how I read the ruling.

Plaintiffs challenge a November 2008 voter-enacted
    amendment to the California Constitution (“Proposition 8” or “Prop 8”). Cal Const Art I, § 7.5. In its entirety, Proposition 8 provides: “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” Plaintiffs allege that Proposition 8 deprives them of due process and of equal protection of the laws contrary to the Fourteenth Amendment and that its enforcement by state officials violates 42 USC § 1983....

http://lat.ms/dB2yOs

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    this was no accident
    Sometimes you really make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    this was no accident
    You got that right letting a gay judge decide this case. There is only one other federal judge out of a total of 1,774 judges. So there is one open gay judge for every 887 judges. Now that is no accident that he was given the case to decide. Thank you very much

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_f...here_in_the_US
    Barry Goldwater

....................Well it seems the gay marriage deniers did not bring forth compelling evidence that allowing gay couples to marry would harm straight couple's marriages. And in that end they did not show how it would be in the government's interest to discriminate against individuals to be able to chose to marry whomever they please.

Or at least that is how I read the ruling.
    http://lat.ms/dB2yOs
    Well obviously they didn't convince the gay judge that he and his gay lover should not be allowed to marry. With the cards stacked like that I wonder why the state even wasted there time just let the gay judge rule for his gay "buddies" and then appeal the gay decision. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    The constitution says nothing about marriage. It's a state's right, the feds need to keep their nose out of it.

As to states passing laws governing race in marriage, that would likely be in-conflict with federal civil rights laws. But sexual orientation has no such protection.
    There was a time when states thought they could control marriage between the races. And if not now soon, people will say there was a time when states thought they could control marriage between same sex partners.

Bottom line the states do not have the right to deny rights.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Great Caesar's Ghost.............Judge Homo Walker was nominated to the bench by none other than Cowboy Ronnie.

I feel bad for you brother but sometimes we find out our hero's feet are of clay.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Page 1 of 47 1234567811 ... LastLast