Castille feed issue

I have a Quadafire Castille - I hear the feed / auger motor turn but does not feed pellets. Motor grinds but auger does not turn . How do i access ...any ideas.

Auger is prob jammed. Check your owners manual.

First thing you can try is to look up the drop chute from inside the firebox (with a mirror). If you see pellets jammed up in there use a screwdriver to unjam it. Otherwise you can also empty the hopper totally and see if the jam falls out to the bottom. If that doesn't work you have to unscrew the auger and wiggles it a little to free the jam.

No specific DIY help is to be posted in the open forums !

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    No specific DIY help is to be posted in the open forums !
    The advice I gave is homeowner serviceable issues. A lot of pellet stove problems are expected to be resolved by homeowners, unless they want to pay $100+ for a service call every time their auger jams up.

BTW that post is from March.

Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    The advice I gave is homeowner serviceable issues. A lot of pellet stove problems are expected to be resolved by homeowners, unless they want to pay $100+ for a service call every time their auger jams up.

BTW that post is from March.

Your post was reported by another member that is highly respected here for his technical abilities as being not only technically incorrect but bordering on dangerous.

It doesn't matter that the post was from March.