new condo HVAC system - opinions

I bought a new condo as an investment property and the whole complex is having HVAC issues, cheap non pro install. Anyway, I've never seen this setup before an would be interested in your thoughts. The mechanical closet for my unit has a tankless hot water heater connected to a heater coil in the air handler, I guess much like an AC coil but for hot water. What do you think of this setup? My knee jerk reaction is that that the tankless heater will be running almost 24/7 during the heating season and didnt think they were designed for that tyoe of use.

Any thoughts on this system?

you sure it's a tankless water heater and not a boiler?

i was exploring this option for replacing a furnace and was told the lower temps of a water heater vs. a boiler would dramatically reduce the output capacity (BTU) of the hot water coil. there are some designed for the lower temps, though.

specific model #'s of the water heater, air-handler, and coil will help others evaluate your system better.

yep its tankless, no tank, hung on the wall, Rhianni or something like that. I get more details next time im there

Quote Originally Posted by drewski11 View Post
    you sure it's a tankless water heater and not a boiler?

i was exploring this option for replacing a furnace and was told the lower temps of a water heater vs. a boiler would dramatically reduce the output capacity (BTU) of the hot water coil. there are some designed for the lower temps, though.

specific model #'s of the water heater, air-handler, and coil will help others evaluate your system better.

There are many wall hung boilers out there and some tankless manufacturers make combo units. Chances are pretty good the unit is designed to be a boiler as well as a domestic water heater. Depends on your local codes whether they can use the same water for both. In our area, no can do. Got to have separate water paths for DHW and heat.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by thebeezer View Post
    yep its tankless, no tank, hung on the wall, Rhianni or something like that. I get more details next time im there
    Rinnai makes hydronic air handlers specifically to mate with their tankless water heaters
    http://www.rinnai.us/hydronic-air-handlers/

Exactly what are the issues that these condos are having with the HVAC?