Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pizza Hut and Pitco

So after 5 years of changing pump/motor assemblies in the fry filters every year-and-a-half to two, Pitco finally admits that Pizza Hut's Wingstreet oil is eating the seals out of these things. Think about that next time you get some wings!

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ike Pizza Hut wings

Can i see proof
    I work on alot of pizza huts

I had a similar conversation with Frymaster tech support several years ago regarding THEIR pump seal's high failure rate on their fryers at McDonald's stores. We're all going to turn to mush, just like those seals, from eating fried foods from fast food joints. Isn't that the normal diet for us techs as we roll through a drive-thru for a quick lunch enroute to our next service call?!

Just finished eating some thanks lol

Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    Can i see proof
    I work on alot of pizza huts
    Never saw documents, but the new pitco part number for pump/motor assemblies on pizza hut gas fryers is 60143511-CL.

I've probably replace 5 or 6 in the last 7 months. Do you usually replace the hose with it even though they're really expensive

Have you split a new one to see if its still a rubber oil seal or if they went to a ceramic/carbon face seal? The newest Frymaster pumps I've seen changed from Viking to haight (or vice versa, I can't remember now) pumps for that reason. Pump body looks the same but it is no longer a traditional rubber oil seal. It also has a weep hole machined at the gasket face to keep from blowing motor bearings so quickly if a pump seal goes.

Mmmmmmmm..... Wings....

Makes me hungry.

Think that bad on seals...take a look at what Coke or Pepsi has for an ingredient. Put a small nail in a glass of coke/pepsi overnight and the nail will be gone by the morning. Now that's something to thing about.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by CFESAmasterEGSR View Post
    Have you split a new one to see if its still a rubber oil seal or if they went to a ceramic/carbon face seal? The newest Frymaster pumps I've seen changed from Viking to haight (or vice versa, I can't remember now) pumps for that reason. Pump body looks the same but it is no longer a traditional rubber oil seal. It also has a weep hole machined at the gasket face to keep from blowing motor bearings so quickly if a pump seal goes.

Mmmmmmmm..... Wings....

Makes me hungry.
    No. No time to take apart the new one -- I hate that job anyway so I try to spend as little time there as possible. Never changed one on a frymaster, but the pitcos are a bit of a PITA. Working on a fryer sucks anyway, but working under a fryer is just nasty.

The new pump was still Viking. Looked identical - same blue paint and everything, just a different part number on the name plate, so I assume the seal is the same size and style, probably just a different material.

As luck would have it i just had to quote one today. I had that installed it last April so it close to a year old.

Motor locked up and tripping overload. Took out motor and took off the pump. Couldnt turn shaft with a flat head screwdriver on the shafts keyslot. The black seal around it in was almost eaten through.

I think oil got into the motor bearings and locked it up. When i go back ill take some pics.

It was a ballnor motor

Yeah, that's been 100% of the failures we have seen. The shaft seal on the pump leaks and oil seeps into the motor which eventually takes out the front bearing. Viking pumps and baldor motors. The pitco part number I listed in the previous post is for pump/motor assembly with (supposedly) redesigned seal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast