Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

NEED HELP! Flat Top Griddle Thermostat Conversion...

Hello,

I have searched high and low for an answer to my question and I am hoping to find it on this forum...

I own a Diner and I want to convert a manual 4 burner flat top griddle to make it thermostatically controlled.. Don't tell me it can't be done because I am going to do it one way or another. There is nothing wrong with this griddle and I don't want to buy a new one. It will make things easier when cooking food if we can set it to a temperature rather than looking through a small hole at flame height and guessing...

so ok guys what do I need to do?

Post Likes
    >I have searched high and low for an answer to my question
    > Don't tell me it can't be done because
    >I own a Diner

That seems like the correct order of things...

> I don't want to buy a new one

So, you bought the cheapest one you could find, and, surprise, it's not what you wanted?

>ok guys what do I need to do?

I know what I'd be telling you, but I suspect you've been told it by a tech already.

I also know I'd be telling my service manager never to service your diner. I'd bet you've been doing other "creative" repairs, and when the place burns to the ground because of those repairs, you'd be looking to sue the bejesus out of someone.

3. Likes tmt, VTP99, VanMan812 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Buy a griddle to suit your needs or to take the guess work out buy a griddle thermometer that sits on griddle surface and adjust burners accordingly.

5. Likes VTP99, VanMan812, The Turtleman liked this post
    Post Likes
    This has disaster written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Take the time to find an ideal setting or settings on your existing setup. Get a griddle thermometer to help find "ideal", then put some white paint or some other mark on the knobs.

8. Likes tmt liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crispigna View Post
    Hello,

I have searched high and low for an answer to my question and I am hoping to find it on this forum...

I own a Diner and I want to convert a manual 4 burner flat top griddle to make it thermostatically controlled.. Don't tell me it can't be done because I am going to do it one way or anothe. There is nothing wrong with this griddle and I don't want to buy a new one. It will make things reasier when cooking food if we can set it to a temperature rather than looking through a small hole at flame height and guessing...

HaHa .....Do you really think any of us here who see this stuff all the time would want to help you, especially when you say "Don't tell me it can't be done because I am going to do it one way or another " ......this is the kind of stuff that comes back to haunt us !!! Good luck !!

Post Likes
    Of course it can be done. Just add a thermostat to the griddle top. That's how the factory guys do it.

PHM
    ------

Hello,

I own a Diner and I want to convert a manual 4 burner flat top griddle to make it thermostatically controlled.. Don't tell me it can't be done because I am going to do it one way or another. There is nothing wrong with this griddle and I don't want to buy a new one. It will make things easier when cooking food if we can set it to a temperature rather than looking through a small hole at flame height and guessing...

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Come on, admit it; if you had a diner you would be doing the exact same things.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    This has disaster written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    jesus christ if you are not going to help why spend the time even answering? Do you own this forum>?

I am a Trump Voter
    I hate my wife and kids
    I drink everyday

emojis are so cool by the way

13. Dislikes kdean1 disliked this post
    Post Likes
    You had to play your Trump card didn't you.

Post Likes
    How the hell did you find me out? Heretofore I have always kept that secret from others.

I like Trump more and more.

I used to hate my wife and kids - which is exactly why I got new ones that are really great. It seems like any rational person would. Why didn't you?

I drink every day too. Mostly water. I prefer Nestle' as I own the company.

How's the griddle project going? Order the parts yet?

PHM
    -------

jesus christ if you are not going to help why spend the time even answering? Do you own this forum>?

I am a Trump Voter
    I hate my wife and kids
    I drink everyday

emojis are so cool by the way
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Come on, admit it; if you had a diner you would be doing the exact same things.

PHM
    ------
    No doubt about that. I'd make that griddle my b1tch.

Post Likes
    >jesus christ

Must be nice working for you.

>if you are not going to help why spend the time even answering?

I dunno, I believe I helped, if I got you to think about your project, and got you to fuggetaboutit.

> Do you own this forum

Nope. I have, however, been in this business for longer than you've been on Earth, I suspect. Gives me a certain amount of credibility, yes? And if the other techs (whom this forum is nominally for) also think your idea is A Bad Thing, perhaps is *is*.

Why have you not come back with a reasoned, thought-out defense of how we are wrong? Instead, you choose to swear and ridicule. Again, you must be so fun to work for.

>I drink everyday

Sorry to hear that. I miss drinking. Haven't had a drop for over 35 years now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast