Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Is your motor like a pancake, with a long shaft with a fan blade on the end? No wonder the stupid thing doesn't work for long. Looks like a great design to test your bearing quality.

I see my temp probe listed separately. So far the lowest I have found it for is $53. Looks like it is going to be a fun job too given the space I have to work in. I'm guessing it is a 3 pint, 20 swear word job so far, with a possible tool/part throw or two finally culminating into a 3 pound hammer blow to the old part.

Originally posted by dave and julie
    a 3 pint, 20 swear word job so far, with a possible tool/part throw or two finally culminating into a 3 pound hammer blow to the old part.

AAHHH!!! Love to bust the hell out of old parts!! Best part of the job if you ask me.

If it's flammable I burn it. Upon further thought... I suppose you could do both!

Looks like I win again...
    I got the whole thing with the probe too.
    I will tell ya, the hardest part is reaching way inside there, my freezer ain't that wide. It sucked. I left the ice maker, took off bottom panel below it and air deflector and light. A couple screws is all, then unpluged the wiring connectors and removed the whole thingy. Be careful, some cheap plastic parts inside. Not sure about hammers or fire but I'm certain you will use a few choice words before you are done. Have fun......Dave....or Julie...or whoever.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Ok...if this problem reoccures you will need a moisture kit.
    If you look at page 2 you will notice I mentioned that.

Some of the GE SxS's had this problem. Moisture would collect at the fan shroud and ice up, letting the fan blade rub on ice formed at the shroud.

If this is the case let me know, I'll look up the part number for that moisture kit.

Roy

How does the moisture kit work?
    Give me any info ya have, I'll check it out, thanks.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Best price I could find on the motor so far is $52. I still have some local places to try though.

I bought the fridge that fit in the space I had, and the GE was the best fit. That seems to be the normal way to select a frdige. I didn't want a GE.

Originally posted by dave and julie
    Best price I could find on the motor so far is $52. I still have some local places to try though.

I bought the fridge that fit in the space I had, and the GE was the best fit. That seems to be the normal way to select a frdige. I didn't want a GE.
    I did that as well, had a tight fit for a side by side. Only found one that worked. My GE is OK, I think everything is cheap anymore.
    By the time ya get that motor it will be time for a new fridge. Give me the exact part #, I'll check my local boys out if ya want.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Motor--WR60X10043......$37.95
    Bade--- WR6010075 $2.10
    Blade not in stock, 3 motors in stock + UPS

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Thanks for the info but it's too late, Julie already ordered it. I asked her to check around the local shops while she was at work and she didn't find anything cheaper than $52 so she ordered it. I don't have to pay for shipping, just tax so it isn't too bad. There were a lot of places that wanted more than that. They say they will have it tomorrow. Think I will wait to go to costco to stock up on meat till I fix this thing.

I also noticed that WR60X10068 is a "factory approved" substitute for WR60X10043. Wonder what the difference is...

I don't like the sound of factory approved changes, they can only be doing it cause it's cheaper for them somehow.
    Good luck.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Calling Dave and or Julie......
    Give us a fridge update, enquiring minds want to know.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

They were supposed to call when they got the parts in on Friday. They didn't call. I was out driving around lake michigan anyway. Put 1300 more miles on the TT.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast