+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My washer is fixed now my fridge is going wwwwwwwwhrrrrrrrreeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post Likes
    I am sure it's the evap fan motor, mainly on start-up after defrost. Wwwhhhheeerrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    The thing ain't that old, like 1.5 years or so. Damn Malaysians.
    I have a Mfg extended warranty but ordered the little motor from the same joint that got me the part for my washer, I don't want some dumb ass repair guy in here fooling around with my stuff anyway
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    diceman,

That sound is a defective evaporator blower motor. The bearings are out of it.

Once, I knew a lady that called the fire department out to remove the poor little bird caught inside the wall behind the refrigerator. lol!

Post Likes

Talking

As most of you know already, I am old and lazy, I hope it ain't hard to get it, looks like it is right near the light under the ice maker.

Post Likes
    check to see that the fan blade hasn't worked back on the motor shaft so that its rubbing against something else.

Post Likes
    I don't know. Are you sure it's wwwwwwwwhrrrrrrrreeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and not wwwhhhhhhhrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I am sure it's the evap fan motor, mainly on start-up after defrost. Wwwhhhheeerrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    I have a Mfg extended warranty but ordered the little motor from the same joint that got me the part for my washer, I don't want some dumb ass repair guy in here fooling around with my stuff anyway
    You've angered the DIY gods, with that washing machine experience.

You also got suckered into the extended warranty, most likely by some 14 y.o selling appliances. NICE.

Post Likes

Which line did he use, to set the hook in you?

1. All your friends are doing it.
    2. It'll make you look cool.
    3. I'm working my way through high school, and my grandma needs a hysterectomy, and just one more extended warranty commission would put me over the top!

C'mon, which was it?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bootlen
    I don't know. Are you sure it's wwwwwwwwhrrrrrrrreeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and not wwwhhhhhhhrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm I better check it again.

Post Likes
    Odd things happening at your house. Are you built over and old Indian burial ground or something? Maybe you need a priest. Something to think about.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Actually Davey,,,,,,,GE sent me notice when the original warranty expired, so I went for 2 more years, in case the compressor or one of them newfangled controller smokes.
    Generally speaking I never get an extended warranty on anything.
    On my old fridge, they did come out once and change the comp and stuff, right after we bought it, worked great for 15 years after that.

Post Likes

Talking

Originally posted by DeltaT
    Maybe you need a priest.
    Some shit made in Malaysia and Mexico broke, so what, I'm surprised it ran at all.
    I ain't a horny altar boy.

Post Likes
    Actually Davey,,,,,,,GE sent me notice when the original warranty expired, so I went for 2 more years, in case the compressor or one of them newfangled controller smokes.
    Generally speaking I never get an extended warranty on anything.
    On my old fridge, they did come out once and change the comp and stuff, right after we bought it, worked great for 15 years after that.
    Fell for the grandma thing, huh?
    Damn. Works every time.

Post Likes
    Ive got a 1 and a half yr old GE sXs and last month i replaced the defrost heater. Some of these evaporator motors are DC voltage. IS yours?

Senior Tech Guest
    Thanks Dice...your appliance karma traveled to my house via the internet and my washer broke...agitater dogs need replaced, now I'm a hypocrite...I'm fixing it myself.

Post Likes
    Slam the Ice tray into it forcefully. That "should" quieten it down a bit !

Post Likes
    I aleady tried the ice slamming routine.....it works for awhile.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by senior tech
    Thanks Dice...your appliance karma traveled to my house via the internet and my washer broke...agitater dogs need replaced, now I'm a hypocrite...I'm fixing it myself.
    I do have power beyond that of most normal humans.
    Change the timer...........

Post Likes
    Originally posted by appltech1
    Ive got a 1 and a half yr old GE sXs and last month i replaced the defrost heater. Some of these evaporator motors are DC voltage. IS yours?
    Don't ask me such hard questions.....

Post Likes
    Rather than replace the fan you could cut an opening in the fridge door and wire up one of those attic exhaust fans with a timer so when the defrost cycle ended the exhaust fan would come on which should pull enough air to spin the blades on the evap fan motor to get it started. Of course a little wd-40 on the motor shaft should be used as well. Once you confirm that works you will then need to buy a 2inch 4' x 8' styrofoam insulation sheet from Home Depot(just to be cool checkout on the line for Contractors). When you get that home then cut it to the size of the door you put the exhaust fan in and use a little of that duct tape from the GOOman guy then each time after the exhaust fan starts the evap fan shut off the exhaust fan and and tape the insualtion to the door so the cold air stays in.

See it is a simple solution to a simple problem who needs techs anyway?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes
    We put all GE in our new house 2 years ago. All stainless.

Not impressed with GE. Ice maker was replaced under warranty.
    But now part of the plastic chute broke off and ice comes pouring out way too fast.

I looked at the condenser coil and it was like some round looking contraption. Looked like a pain in the arse to clean, which I need to do...

GE = POS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in