Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech Guest
    Thanks Dice...your appliance karma traveled to my house via the internet and my washer broke...agitater dogs need replaced, now I'm a hypocrite...I'm fixing it myself.

Originally posted by Diceman
    I am sure it's the evap fan motor, mainly on start-up after defrost. Wwwhhhheeerrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    The thing ain't that old, like 1.5 years or so. Damn Malaysians.
    I have a Mfg extended warranty but ordered the little motor from the same joint that got me the part for my washer, I don't want some dumb ass repair guy in here fooling around with my stuff anyway
    Slam the Ice tray into it forcefully. That "should" quieten it down a bit !

I aleady tried the ice slamming routine.....it works for awhile.

Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by senior tech
    Thanks Dice...your appliance karma traveled to my house via the internet and my washer broke...agitater dogs need replaced, now I'm a hypocrite...I'm fixing it myself.
    I do have power beyond that of most normal humans.
    Change the timer...........

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by appltech1
    Ive got a 1 and a half yr old GE sXs and last month i replaced the defrost heater. Some of these evaporator motors are DC voltage. IS yours?
    Don't ask me such hard questions.....

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Rather than replace the fan you could cut an opening in the fridge door and wire up one of those attic exhaust fans with a timer so when the defrost cycle ended the exhaust fan would come on which should pull enough air to spin the blades on the evap fan motor to get it started. Of course a little wd-40 on the motor shaft should be used as well. Once you confirm that works you will then need to buy a 2inch 4' x 8' styrofoam insulation sheet from Home Depot(just to be cool checkout on the line for Contractors). When you get that home then cut it to the size of the door you put the exhaust fan in and use a little of that duct tape from the GOOman guy then each time after the exhaust fan starts the evap fan shut off the exhaust fan and and tape the insualtion to the door so the cold air stays in.

See it is a simple solution to a simple problem who needs techs anyway?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

We put all GE in our new house 2 years ago. All stainless.

Not impressed with GE. Ice maker was replaced under warranty.
    But now part of the plastic chute broke off and ice comes pouring out way too fast.

I looked at the condenser coil and it was like some round looking contraption. Looked like a pain in the arse to clean, which I need to do...

GE = POS

When I piped in my ice maker I left a coil of copper in the back so I can pull it out on the rollers. I was told by my appliance guy, Franny, that this is normal procedure.

On occasion this frigde dances back a little and the coil of copper starts to vibrate. Really annoying when you have friends sitting around the kitchen table sucking down some Coors.

All I have to do is put my hands on the unit and gently pull it forward and the noise stops. My friends are impressed that I can do this. "My Lord he has been doing refrigeration so long that he just lays his hands on the refrigerator and it is cured. Say Alleluia!!

[Edited by benncool on 09-23-2004 at 03:16 PM]

Originally posted by Timber
    We put all GE in our new house 2 years ago. All stainless.

Not impressed with GE. Ice maker was replaced under warranty.
    But now part of the plastic chute broke off and ice comes pouring out way too fast.

I looked at the condenser coil and it was like some round looking contraption. Looked like a pain in the arse to clean, which I need to do...

GE = POS
    I have a 2 year old GE too and the thing sometimes makes this incredibly annoying noise because the fan in the freezer is off balance and vibrates at just the right speed. It's amazing how a $5 part can ruin a $1000 fridge.

This is what you need to do Dice,
    call a hack out, snap open a beer and enjoy the show !!

"Hire a Hack, Their Fun to Watch"

You need a moisture kit.

Roy

I have a 2 year old GE too and the thing sometimes makes this incredibly annoying noise because the fan in the freezer is off balance and vibrates at just the right speed. It's amazing how a $5 part can ruin a $1000 fridge.

Yea Julie,

Mine makes some strange noise too. Next time it will not be GE....

How bout that Dave

BTW how do you do that quote thingy???????????????

Sounds low on refrigerant to me...
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast