Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast
    I am sure it's the evap fan motor, mainly on start-up after defrost. Wwwhhhheeerrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    The thing ain't that old, like 1.5 years or so. Damn Malaysians.
    I have a Mfg extended warranty but ordered the little motor from the same joint that got me the part for my washer, I don't want some dumb ass repair guy in here fooling around with my stuff anyway
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

diceman,

That sound is a defective evaporator blower motor. The bearings are out of it.

Once, I knew a lady that called the fire department out to remove the poor little bird caught inside the wall behind the refrigerator. lol!

Talking

As most of you know already, I am old and lazy, I hope it ain't hard to get it, looks like it is right near the light under the ice maker.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

check to see that the fan blade hasn't worked back on the motor shaft so that its rubbing against something else.

I don't know. Are you sure it's wwwwwwwwhrrrrrrrreeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and not wwwhhhhhhhrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by Diceman
    I am sure it's the evap fan motor, mainly on start-up after defrost. Wwwhhhheeerrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    The thing ain't that old, like 1.5 years or so. Damn Malaysians.
    I have a Mfg extended warranty but ordered the little motor from the same joint that got me the part for my washer, I don't want some dumb ass repair guy in here fooling around with my stuff anyway
    You've angered the DIY gods, with that washing machine experience.

You also got suckered into the extended warranty, most likely by some 14 y.o selling appliances. NICE.

Which line did he use, to set the hook in you?

1. All your friends are doing it.
    2. It'll make you look cool.
    3. I'm working my way through high school, and my grandma needs a hysterectomy, and just one more extended warranty commission would put me over the top!

C'mon, which was it?

Originally posted by bootlen
    I don't know. Are you sure it's wwwwwwwwhrrrrrrrreeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and not wwwhhhhhhhrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm I better check it again.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Odd things happening at your house. Are you built over and old Indian burial ground or something? Maybe you need a priest. Something to think about.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Actually Davey,,,,,,,GE sent me notice when the original warranty expired, so I went for 2 more years, in case the compressor or one of them newfangled controller smokes.
    Generally speaking I never get an extended warranty on anything.
    On my old fridge, they did come out once and change the comp and stuff, right after we bought it, worked great for 15 years after that.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Talking

Originally posted by DeltaT
    Maybe you need a priest.
    Some **** made in Malaysia and Mexico broke, so what, I'm surprised it ran at all.
    I ain't a horny altar boy.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    Actually Davey,,,,,,,GE sent me notice when the original warranty expired, so I went for 2 more years, in case the compressor or one of them newfangled controller smokes.
    Generally speaking I never get an extended warranty on anything.
    On my old fridge, they did come out once and change the comp and stuff, right after we bought it, worked great for 15 years after that.
    Fell for the grandma thing, huh?
    Damn. Works every time.

Ive got a 1 and a half yr old GE sXs and last month i replaced the defrost heater. Some of these evaporator motors are DC voltage. IS yours?

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast