+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with JB SuperNova

Post Likes

Problems with JB SuperNova

Is anyone else having problems with the new JB micron gauge JB-DV41-SuperNova-Digital-Vacuum-Gauge.
    I just bought one a month or so ago, used it for a few days and had to send back. Waited like 3 weeks and they sent me a new one now this one is not working.
    I am an experienced, caring, trusted, service provider who solves my customers issues beyond there expectations by educating them and guiding them with value-building options to make excellent buying decisions while building security and wealth for my company, myself and my family.

Post Likes
    I saw that demonstrated at a local supply house recently, looked real nice, and was tempting, but I decided to keep to my "JB rule".

My "JB rule" is to never ever buy anything electronic made by JB.
    Same rule applies to SPX/Robinair.
    My "SPX/Robinair rule" also applies to non electronic items, even if they are free...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolmetal View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the new JB micron gauge JB-DV41-SuperNova-Digital-Vacuum-Gauge.
    I just bought one a month or so ago, used it for a few days and had to send back. Waited like 3 weeks and they sent me a new one now this one is not working.
    Did yours come with the case?

LOL Mark
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Same rule applies to SPX/Robinair.
    My "SPX/Robinair rule" also applies to non electronic items, even if they are free...
    too true. Robinair is like the Kobalt of the HVAC industry.
    EnergyTight | Solutions for Comfort and Savings

Post Likes
    Bought the JB supernova 6 months ago and so far so good, best digital micron gauge I ever tried.

Back when I started Robinair was top of the line.

Post Likes
    It sucks! But keep it clean and you can use it for awhile. I clean mine after every use with alcohol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Check my post out about the 4 micron gauges i have. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=984002

I trust my DV-22n but not the supernova. If its going have the wrong reading I would rather it sque high.

Dan
    If you don't notice, I'm doing my job.

Post Likes
    Glad I have read this post. Was going to buy one next week,($179.99). I tried to find a Bluvac but can'y find any locally. What I did find is that the UEI DMG 200 looks to be the same as the Bluvac, The UEI DMG 1oo seems to be the same as the Bluvac lite.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Glad I have read this post. Was going to buy one next week,($179.99). I tried to find a Bluvac but can'y find any locally. What I did find is that the UEI DMG 200 looks to be the same as the Bluvac, The UEI DMG 1oo seems to be the same as the Bluvac lite.
    The BluVac is on sale at TrueTech. http://www.trutechtools.com/BluVac

Post Likes
    SuperNova sucks. It's not full range, it's very slow to respond to changes, doesn't have a core depressor (which is a PITA), and I've pulled vac many times to remove it and have it stay under 500 microns not attached to anything or blanked off at all! I'm on my second one because the first just quit completely.

Post Likes
    I am so glad I didn't get a JB. I am going to get the UEI from Johnston. Local Sid Harvey didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a Bluvac. Grainger doesn't list it on the web catalog.
    I would prefer to buy tools from someone local. Then if I have a problem they will take care of it.

Post Likes
    I am so glad I didn't get a JB. I am going to get the UEI from Johnston. Local Sid Harvey didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a Bluvac. Grainger doesn't list it on the web catalog.
    I would prefer to buy tools from someone local. Then if I have a problem they will take care of it.
    The bluvac guy backs up his product. I had one once and every time I had an issue or a question he would call me immediately.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    So how many problems have you had?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    The bluvac guy backs up his product. I had one once and every time I had an issue or a question he would call me immediately.

Post Likes
    wiz I thought you went back to using the Yellow Jacket. Didn't you hate the BluVac operation so much he took it back?

From my experiences with BluVac and testing it I came to the conclusion every other micron micron gauge out there was lying to me no matter how much I liked seeing the other reading............ or disliked the BluVac reading. People here have tested the BluVac against the super accurate bench type micron gauges not meant for the field and agree with it.

IMO It would be impractical or nearly impossible to follow every school taught evacuation rule when using a BluVac but for me having the consistency of the reading and knowing it was right was most important. What you do with the accurate reading needs to be a professional judgment call IMO. People might not like to here it but changing filter driers and knowing the sound of your vacuum pump has worked for me for years. After using a BluVac and other micron gauges it has only firmed up my belief with the suggested service and evacuation rules that guys not following any of them are having system/failure problems. Owning a, none or the best micron gauge is only part of or service procedures and don't have much to do with success in the field
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Stay away from this pile of junk, had one for 6 months.... then wouldnt register anything. Cleaned it out and nothing, and not having a valve core depresser blows

Post Likes
    Just making me feel better and better that I didn't buy one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    wiz I thought you went back to using the Yellow Jacket. Didn't you hate the BluVac operation so much he took it back?
    Yessir I'm using the YJ. I wouldn't say I hated bluvac but it aggravated me. I didn't like how I'd be reading low micron level when open to atmosphere. It was explained to me why it did but it didn't sit right in my head. I assume he took it back because I was unhappy and he stood behind his product.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Yessir I'm using the YJ. I wouldn't say I hated bluvac but it aggravated me. I didn't like how I'd be reading low micron level when open to atmosphere. It was explained to me why it did but it didn't sit right in my head. I assume he took it back because I was unhappy and he stood behind his product.

ARe you in a high altitude area ?

Post Likes
    ARe you in a high altitude area ?
    nope.

Post Likes
    Well, my supernova sensor started to leak, common problem with the tool,wont give up on it yet, I'm looking for the replacement sensor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in