Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wiz I thought you went back to using the Yellow Jacket. Didn't you hate the BluVac operation so much he took it back?

From my experiences with BluVac and testing it I came to the conclusion every other micron micron gauge out there was lying to me no matter how much I liked seeing the other reading............ or disliked the BluVac reading. People here have tested the BluVac against the super accurate bench type micron gauges not meant for the field and agree with it.

IMO It would be impractical or nearly impossible to follow every school taught evacuation rule when using a BluVac but for me having the consistency of the reading and knowing it was right was most important. What you do with the accurate reading needs to be a professional judgment call IMO. People might not like to here it but changing filter driers and knowing the sound of your vacuum pump has worked for me for years. After using a BluVac and other micron gauges it has only firmed up my belief with the suggested service and evacuation rules that guys not following any of them are having system/failure problems. Owning a, none or the best micron gauge is only part of or service procedures and don't have much to do with success in the field
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Stay away from this pile of junk, had one for 6 months.... then wouldnt register anything. Cleaned it out and nothing, and not having a valve core depresser blows

Just making me feel better and better that I didn't buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    wiz I thought you went back to using the Yellow Jacket. Didn't you hate the BluVac operation so much he took it back?
    Yessir I'm using the YJ. I wouldn't say I hated bluvac but it aggravated me. I didn't like how I'd be reading low micron level when open to atmosphere. It was explained to me why it did but it didn't sit right in my head. I assume he took it back because I was unhappy and he stood behind his product.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Yessir I'm using the YJ. I wouldn't say I hated bluvac but it aggravated me. I didn't like how I'd be reading low micron level when open to atmosphere. It was explained to me why it did but it didn't sit right in my head. I assume he took it back because I was unhappy and he stood behind his product.

ARe you in a high altitude area ?

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    ARe you in a high altitude area ?
    nope.

Well, my supernova sensor started to leak, common problem with the tool,wont give up on it yet, I'm looking for the replacement sensor.

Usually reading a low vacuum when open to atmosphere means there is refrigerat on the sensor. Simply blowing one the sensor will immediately remedy the problem ( if it is indeed refrigerant on the sensor ).

Called JB about the issues with my micron gauge, they directed me to the local dealer and they exchanged it on the spot for a brand new supernova. very happy with the level of customer service hopefully the new unit will last.

Lytning, Give us a try, we back up what we sell, ship fast, and have a very knowledgeable staff. In the big picture of things there is not a lot that isn't already shipped up to Maine anyway! If you have a problem, we will take care of it. That is what we do.

Jim
    JLB,

Jim, you are on my list of suppliers. I do like your company and have bought from you and I am sure I will again in the future. I do like to buy local when I can though. I am happy with my Bluvac, not so much with the 552. I will be returning it to Johnstone as soon as time permits.

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Lytning, Give us a try, we back up what we sell, ship fast, and have a very knowledgeable staff. In the big picture of things there is not a lot that isn't already shipped up to Maine anyway! If you have a problem, we will take care of it. That is what we do.

Jim

Great, glad to hear that.

Sorry to hear about the 552, what is the issue that you are having with it?
    JLB,

about a 300 micron difference between the bluvac and the Sman4. The Sman was within 50 microns of the bluvac. Also a very slow response time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Great, glad to hear that.

Sorry to hear about the 552, what is the issue that you are having with it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast