Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problems with JB SuperNova

Is anyone else having problems with the new JB micron gauge JB-DV41-SuperNova-Digital-Vacuum-Gauge.
    I just bought one a month or so ago, used it for a few days and had to send back. Waited like 3 weeks and they sent me a new one now this one is not working.
    I am an experienced, caring, trusted, service provider who solves my customers issues beyond there expectations by educating them and guiding them with value-building options to make excellent buying decisions while building security and wealth for my company, myself and my family.

I saw that demonstrated at a local supply house recently, looked real nice, and was tempting, but I decided to keep to my "JB rule".

My "JB rule" is to never ever buy anything electronic made by JB.
    Same rule applies to SPX/Robinair.
    My "SPX/Robinair rule" also applies to non electronic items, even if they are free...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolmetal View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the new JB micron gauge JB-DV41-SuperNova-Digital-Vacuum-Gauge.
    I just bought one a month or so ago, used it for a few days and had to send back. Waited like 3 weeks and they sent me a new one now this one is not working.
    Did yours come with the case?

LOL Mark
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Same rule applies to SPX/Robinair.
    My "SPX/Robinair rule" also applies to non electronic items, even if they are free...
    too true. Robinair is like the Kobalt of the HVAC industry.
    EnergyTight | Solutions for Comfort and Savings

Bought the JB supernova 6 months ago and so far so good, best digital micron gauge I ever tried.

Back when I started Robinair was top of the line.

It sucks! But keep it clean and you can use it for awhile. I clean mine after every use with alcohol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Check my post out about the 4 micron gauges i have. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=984002

I trust my DV-22n but not the supernova. If its going have the wrong reading I would rather it sque high.

Dan
    If you don't notice, I'm doing my job.

Glad I have read this post. Was going to buy one next week,($179.99). I tried to find a Bluvac but can'y find any locally. What I did find is that the UEI DMG 200 looks to be the same as the Bluvac, The UEI DMG 1oo seems to be the same as the Bluvac lite.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Glad I have read this post. Was going to buy one next week,($179.99). I tried to find a Bluvac but can'y find any locally. What I did find is that the UEI DMG 200 looks to be the same as the Bluvac, The UEI DMG 1oo seems to be the same as the Bluvac lite.
    The BluVac is on sale at TrueTech. http://www.trutechtools.com/BluVac
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

SuperNova sucks. It's not full range, it's very slow to respond to changes, doesn't have a core depressor (which is a PITA), and I've pulled vac many times to remove it and have it stay under 500 microns not attached to anything or blanked off at all! I'm on my second one because the first just quit completely.

I am so glad I didn't get a JB. I am going to get the UEI from Johnston. Local Sid Harvey didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a Bluvac. Grainger doesn't list it on the web catalog.
    I would prefer to buy tools from someone local. Then if I have a problem they will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I am so glad I didn't get a JB. I am going to get the UEI from Johnston. Local Sid Harvey didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a Bluvac. Grainger doesn't list it on the web catalog.
    I would prefer to buy tools from someone local. Then if I have a problem they will take care of it.
    The bluvac guy backs up his product. I had one once and every time I had an issue or a question he would call me immediately.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So how many problems have you had?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    The bluvac guy backs up his product. I had one once and every time I had an issue or a question he would call me immediately.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast