Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does one find Vacuum Pump Oil, locally?

Where does one find Vacuum Pump Oil, locally? Keep in mind that I am NOT a contractor but I do use my pump on automotive 'stuff'.....

I bought some on ebay but the shipping is a killer...Must be a place that sells over the counter, no?

Grainger?

Where do you live? There should be a local Hvac supply house there. Johnstone supply, cc Dickson, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Don't have a local Grainger and Johnstone won't sell to me, sigh.....

I live about 40 miles north of Tampa.....

Have a baker distributing?

If you have an O'Reilly's Auto Parts or an Advanced Auto they can order it. Autozone can also but their prices look high....
    B.O. = B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by branded View Post
    Where does one find Vacuum Pump Oil, locally? Keep in mind that I am NOT a contractor but I do use my pump on automotive 'stuff'.....

I bought some on ebay but the shipping is a killer...Must be a place that sells over the counter, no?
    This is a great deal.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JB-DVO-24-Bl...item58a26a35e6

It should last you a year or so depending how much you use the pump. I usually change the oil every 4-10 hours of usage. But on highly contaminated systems, I have changed the oil a few times on one job. If you get a gallon, make sure you seal it well between usage.

Here is one listed on ebay. For some reason there is a picture of a vacuum pump in the picture, but the title and description is a gallon of Robinair oil. Great deal. I would email the seller to verify it is a gallon of oil. The part number listed is correct for a gallon of Robinair Premium vacuum pump oil.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinair-132...item4ac785e19a

You wont get it any cheaper at a supply house. We get a great discount at Johnstone, and gallons of J/B cost us about that much.
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

O'Reiily's is actually a touch cheaper than that for 1 gal of Robinair oil - $27.99. Lots of stores in Florida, too.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...acuum+pump+oil

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/fi/s...p#currentStore
    B.O. = B.S.

Don't have a local Grainger and Johnstone won't sell to me, sigh.....

I live about 40 miles north of Tampa.....
    They won't sell to you even if you show them your EPA card? If you have an ASE certification or any other certifications applicable to being a mechanic, show that as well. Basically show them that you're a professional and not some random DIYer.

Auto parts store.

I've tried Autozone and Advanced before....takes more than a week most of the time. We have an O'Reilly's that just opened up. I'll try them this time around.

Thanks all.....

Quote Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
    They won't sell to you even if you show them your EPA card? If you have an ASE certification or any other certifications applicable to being a mechanic, show that as well. Basically show them that you're a professional and not some random DIYer.
    Agreed usually if you go about it this way most supply houses will sell to you.

But most supply houses around here will sell parts to anybody and most will sell units out the backdoor to people that do not have a state mechanical license.

if it takes more than a week from an auto parts store.
    Just order a gallon and before you run out place another order ahead of time so you will always have it.

I've tried Autozone and Advanced before....takes more than a week most of the time. We have an O'Reilly's that just opened up. I'll try them this time around.

Thanks all.....
    I just bought a quart at O'Reilly's a few weeks ago but that was at their local hub store(main). I called and that took a search, talking to other employees working to find only one lone container of a 4 Seasons brand name of Tech something or other. Most places didn't even know what I was talking about! Some places said yeah, we have jack oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast