Gaps around the blower - is this normal?

Hi, I'm having a Goodman GMV95 gas furnace and heat pump installed, and I was looking inside the furnace and noticed about four quarter-sized gaps in the cabinet where the blower attaches to the heat exchanger. I didn't know if this were normal, or if I should ask my HVAC guy to reposition the blower/seal it up somehow. As far as I know, it was like this right off the truck.

It just seemed like with all those holes ,there would be positive pressure leaks dumping air back into the blower compartment hurting the efficiency... Opinions? If something should be done, should they be repositioning the blower or just sealing the gap with something? My HVAC installer is nice (an uncle on my wife's side), but I could see him taking short cuts here.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

It should be brought to your installer's attention.

Let him be the QC inspector.

Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Looks like the blower is ready to fall off the rails, seen gaps similar to this on many units....mind you not this large......but after all it is a Goodman, not exactly top of the line equipment.

Thanks

That's kind of what I was thinking - I'll be sure to bring it up with him when he comes back this weekend.