Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new refrig.

cap tubes

thank you all for responding,
    thaught I MUST use POE with 134a, 404a?
    Other refrig I understand can utilize multiples

Reminds me of the nightmares we had faced when 134A had been introduced in the Frigidaire upright modeled freezers sold under various brand names.

Doing away with the exterior condenser coils and enclosing them in the cabinet. High ambient temps being in the garage or any other unconditioned space. Or encased against a wall on one side boxes on the other and oh yeah that 3 feet on top would be great to store plastic containers full of stuff.

Frigidaire introduced an after market condensr fan to be mounted in the compressor alcove. This sometimes worked ok if we got the call because was noted the compressor shutting down on high heat and before the oil was cooked and 'gelled' inofrming the H/O of the need to allow air flow around that cabinet.
    Introduced an after market condenser coil, with an electric cabinet heater to be vacuum sucked thru the hot gas loop and tied into the compressor run circuit.

The whole concept was bad from the beginning when a H/O had hundreds of dollars of frozen meats in those boxes and their smells. Never got rid of those smells

I would willingly derect the H/O to a new freezer type if Frigidaie hadn't captured the residential market

Re: cap tubes

Originally posted by ahc&r
    thank you all for responding,
    thaught I MUST use POE with 134a, 404a?
    Other refrig I understand can utilize multiples
    If you think it, then stick with it. I just know from my own experiences of the past 13 years or so of dealing with the "NEW" ( ) gases and oils, what has worked well for me.......

I see the problems, due to people not maintaining stuff. There's nothing wrong with either the gasses or the oils..

And, being 14 years later, you can quit referring to 134a as "new". Trust me.

It is all about the oil. We found out years ago that the manufacturers of POE added to much corrosion inhibitor in their oils in order to pass Copeland testing. The inhibitor is a solid material dissolved in the POE. It eventually turns into a plaque. We have not had reaccurances since switching to Emkarate, especially with low temp equip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12