Air filter size for 2004 Trane?

I don't have any paperwork on my Trane AH that was installed in 2004. I've always felt like the air filter I was originally left with didn't fit right but never looked into it. Now that i found this site, I thought someone here might be able to tell me what size filter I should be using.

The AH is a TWE049E13 and is matched to a 2TWR2048A1000AFB2 cond.

Anyone know what size? Always feels like I'm stuffing them in there.

If its in the unit its either a 20*20*1" or a 20*25*1" standard filter.

Is it in the air handler or in some type of base below it?

Its a standard 20*25*1 filter that is "in" the air handler.

It is a vertical AH in the garage and the filter slides into the bottom of the ah. The one that is in there is a 20x24x1, so maybe the right size afterall. Never seemed right to me, always crunch it a bit and it sometimes gets wet/stained.

Quote Originally Posted by tealboy1 View Post
    It is a vertical AH in the garage and the filter slides into the bottom of the ah. The one that is in there is a 20x24x1, so maybe the right size afterall. Never seemed right to me, always crunch it a bit and it sometimes gets wet/stained.
    I looked it up from the Trane site. It is suppose to be 20*25*1 filter. Is the blower running when you try to install the filter or did the installer put the drain line in the way? It should be a good tight fit.

May be try a different brand of filter?

thank you joker, this time of yr, it runs all day so that's part of the problem, installing it when the suction is high.

thank you joker, this time of yr, it runs all day so that's part of the problem, installing it when the suction is high.
    turn off the a/c for a couple of minutes while you change the filter.

you don't want to get your arm sucked in and have to self-amputate like that guy who was trying to repair his furnace!

When changing filters like that I turn off the unit for 5 minutes so I can change the filter with out tearing it up.