+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nut Drivers

Post Likes
    I've had a pair of Vaco longshaft 1/4" and 5/16" nut drivers in my bag for the last 15 years which are replacements for the ones that I started with in 1988. That's not to say that I don't carry others in my bag. I also have an old worn out Klein 10 in 1 that has been through a few sparky episodes which is totally worn out nut driver wise and a Klein 11 in 1 that is probably the all around best (my opinion) for this type of nut driver.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    Hey I'm looking for a set of nut drivers and having been an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer for the past 7 years, I haven't needed them.

Surfing the internet, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool.../KDT-8908.html

its a GearWrench Rathceting nut driver set, seems pretty nice with the colors indicating size and its ratcheting which i really like. Price seems fair as well. Anyone used this one before?

Post Likes
    Got the vaco long shaft ones and the stubby's. 99% of the time I use one with a motor on it though.

Post Likes
    I've always had good luck with Klein nut drivers. It's been almost ten years and their still holding up good.

Post Likes
    Craftsman, Klein, Whia. All very good. Also a Bosch Litheon 12v (10.8v) Driver/Impactor set is only a little over $100 and take anything with a 1/4" shank. I hardly ever use "nut drivers" anymore with the Bosch around.

CT

Post Likes
    I use the Klein nut drivers with magnetic tips. Also the stubby has been a lifesaver many times

Post Likes
    In trade school they had Xcelite Nutdrivers in a plastic tray. When I worked for RCA Factory Service they issued us Xcelite Service Master 99 roll kit. Xcelite nutdrivers are cold drawn and case hardened and last forever. Most people in the Electronics business use Xcelite screwdrivers and nutdrivers. You can also find these under the Crescent brand name. Last week I bought a long shaft magnetic 5/16 (Xcelite) for $13.96 . Regular lenght magnetic is about $8.00. I used to be a SEARS repairman. A craftsman nutdriver only lasted me 2 weeks. I finally brought my Xcelite nutdrivers to work.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes
    I still use my Xcelite 99 service kit and love it. The nut drivers are great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in