Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    We have been getting paid after about 3 weeks, of sending in paperwork that is...
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Thanks Chad, for letting me know. We are owed about six big ones. For a small company like we are that's a lot.

I hear ya, how long ago did you send in stuff? Have you done any furnace changeouts or just Heat exchangers or upgrades...

Originally posted by simpleman
    I agree work is work but why even go that far if the fix is not the fix.

Just wonder why is there a condensate issue? Anyone checking
    draft and stack temp to see whats going on?

The dondensate problem is because of the flue style. Tehy bring a 5" pipe throught the middle of a 7" pipe. The smaller one is exhaust, the larger is intake air. Imagine a 140 degree pipe surrounded by 30 degree air from the intake. Condensation.

Originally posted by Chad711
    Im surprised you dont run into more rusted roofjacks then. Ill probly be timing myself on the heat exc. Monday.

As far as selling NEW systems, who makes a good mobile home furance? All I have seen is the Coleman/Red Tee/Intertherm/Nordyne Junk.

There are some two pipe 90% Trane, and York units that are HUD approved for mobile and manufactured homes. They take a little out of the box thinking to put them in though. Particularly the flue and filter arrangement. I think Armstrong has a direct vent 80% that can go in also. It is a pain of a job, but these units are a hell of alot better than the coleman and nordyne family of products. I can give you some stories of how I've done some of these swaps, but I have to warn you, I am not a hack, but you have to think like on to do one of these swaps.

Originally posted by berad
    Originally posted by simpleman
    I agree work is work but why even go that far if the fix is not the fix.

Just wonder why is there a condensate issue? Anyone checking
    draft and stack temp to see whats going on?

The dondensate problem is because of the flue style. Tehy bring a 5" pipe throught the middle of a 7" pipe. The smaller one is exhaust, the larger is intake air. Imagine a 140 degree pipe surrounded by 30 degree air from the intake. Condensation.

Try telling Coleman that....... I wanted to pull the guy through the phone and ride along with me.

We have done eight exchangers, and twenty seven program kits, but no furnaces. The boss's ears picked up yesterday when I mentioned that it only took another company three weeks to get paid. I believe they are pretty dilligent in our office with getting the paperwork in, and we've been at this since this all started almost three months ago...

Where are you located? We have 100 people on the waiting list now. Get this, Coleman is letting us just put in the heat exchangers (yay for me, -30 out) like I did today because they have no more kits. SO these customers that are calling and basically *****ing well I get to change out heat exc's that are ok just cause they cant get kits to us. Did one today and one tomorrow. Its freaking freezin out too.

Oh yeah good thing we get that $25 trip charge, the one I did today was in Park Rapids, 70 miles away one way...

120 Kits
    27 Heat Exchangers
    7 Furances so far...

why not install a theropride?

sorry I meant Thermopride

Chad

All seriousness aside. I believe after this thread you need a new screen name. Chad Coleman, Mr. H E Coleman, Mr. Kit Coleman or Mr. Bloody Knuckles.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

We are just south of Kansas City, you must be up north. What you described doesn't sound like any fun at all.
    Yesterday I found an old one, not part of the recall, that had a factory installed liner. I'd never seen that before. So maybe they are going back to something they used to do.
    I have a feeling this thing is going to drag on for a long time.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast