Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Chat no offence taken. As you have stated doing business with this Coleman group can be very frustrating. I have noticed that on Ameritrade that there is a write up concerning this recall when you look up York. Trust me if share holder only could read your post chad many would sell. This is a big recall and could get out of hand. there are Attorneys with alot of time, and would be chomping at the bit reading this stuff.The problem I have is I have been waiting for over 8 weeks for the parts. The heat exchanger came in, but no other parts. I have people call me and ask should I keep my furnace on ? I can't answer that . What if I said yes, and something happened. I have had one or two that have gotten all bent with me over this.I know there are alot of companys that have learned the hardway that doing business within the mobile home industry can be costly. Alot of guys here just don't. As far as changing out parts that are not broken I can see your point. I am sure most of my customers will not, but some will why not give them a chance. There are alot of folks that have the money and don't mind spending it on their furnace. They look at it as a insurance polcy. I am in business to make money thats it. I can't employe people or keep good people without making money, I just traded in a perfitly good truck for a new one because I didn't want to be burdend by future down time, and repair cost, it's the same thing.I will give the customer the opputunty to deside decide

Did another exchanger yesterday, just discovered he was on the list while I was there for a trouble call. The spider web in the orifice saved the day for him.

Doing the upgrades mentioned would certainly generate money for the contractor. But how much would you have to charge? If the kits are roughly three to six hundred, then add labor. Something that major would seem to indicate that a whole new unit would be a better option. IMO

Chad, check your backside. . . someone where you work may be taking shortcuts. Found the upgrade sticker inside of the door (minor), but made it confusing to tell if the upgrade was done or not. Couldn't see any sign that the additional limit switch had been installed, and the wiring diagram wasn't changed from original. Don't know if any of the rest of the upgrade was compromised or not.

Keep an eye out bud.

J Peloni The upgrade kits have the labor included. Thats what makes it a value to your new customer.We are geing paid by coleman to go out there and they are paying for labor,just not enought to make the trip profitable selling the kits will do that My company runs on a flat rate book, and thats how we priced it out

Originally posted by imgod
    Chad, check your backside. . . someone where you work may be taking shortcuts. Found the upgrade sticker inside of the door (minor), but made it confusing to tell if the upgrade was done or not. Couldn't see any sign that the additional limit switch had been installed, and the wiring diagram wasn't changed from original. Don't know if any of the rest of the upgrade was compromised or not.

Keep an eye out bud.

Ive done 90 % of these kits myself, I can assure you there have been no shortcuts on my part, not from our shop. Im assuming your an Aquila Employee?

Im finding out that we are not the only company doing these, but we are doing the majority. I put all my upgrade stickers on the ouside panel.

[Edited by Chad711 on 12-29-2004 at 05:04 PM]
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Also there wont be any (new)limit switch wires, hence no new Wiring Diagram, if the Heat Exchanger was replaced...

[Edited by Chad711 on 12-29-2004 at 05:07 PM]

Thanks for the idea Roncool, I'll bring it up at our shop, which is by the way in Missouri, near KC.

We have 100 customers lined up for inspections. Coleman ran out of kits 2 weeks ago, we still have none. Nice...

Found out so far there are 27 VERIFIED homes that have burned down from this furnace...

We're putting them in as fast as they can send them on the exchangers. We've still got kits in stock, but unless we have the exchangers to back them up we don't schedule the inspection. Interesting bit of information on the Verified fires caused by this.

just so you know. coleman,evcon,red-t is made by the unitary products group of york. miller,intertherm is mayde by nordyne,division of nortek holdings.

Just wondering, has anyone been paid by Coleman yet? We have not, and are getting in pretty deep.

Ill ask in the morning, I would think so..Otherwise they owe us alot lol...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast