Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by bootlen
    You don't...unless you believe the Bible.
    ================================================== ==========

What we have heah...is an open can-o-worms!
    No, what we have heah is fundamentalist bullcrap! For crying out loud booty, I never took you for an "end of the world" fanatic. This kind of ranting has been going on for centuries and is never more than a hint of temporarily true.

The Bible is a guideline for life, not some prophecy manual for kooks. For Christ's sake, and I am not cursing here, back it up a notch before you wind up on the news for singlehandedly taking out 7-11 owners in several states.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by air of honesty
    Originally posted by bobby7388
    "Cry Havoc And Let Lose, The Dogs of War"
    And then go identify your children and parents in the pile of today's dead...

There are consequences to real war. We have been fortunate enough in the past for these not to include the house and street that we call home. Those days are disappearing rapidly.

SOME form of peace must be agreed upon soon in the global issues, or life as we have known it will disappear all to soon. Force might help in the Sudan, but at the rate we're going, it's doing dowadiddie for us in the Middle East.

I'm sorry, but Israel is just one more nation on God's green Earth, and there are more places that need Democracy more than Iraq at the moment.

You are Idealistic.
    You can analyze this war to the point of no-reason, but most of your ideas are un-realistic.

In order to win at any type of war you need to remove the wiil of the enemy to fight, they're not going to change thier minds and either are we.

In response to your first sentence, I don't really care how many Arabs are killed, matter-of-fact, the more I hear about de-capitated Americans and killed soldiers the more I don't care, that's real life.
    If they had any gonads they would have taken care of what we have to now.
    Don't try your "pity them" attitude, you have to know how to pick your fights.

" I don't really care how many Arabs are killed, matter-of-fact, the more I hear about de-capitated Americans and killed soldiers the more I don't care"

then you are bleating exactly like the sheep that the media wants you to be. Do you take this stance when a gang shooting happens, I doubt it but fundamentally it is an act of terror, an act to scare a person or a group of persons into submission.

[Edited by maintmankc on 09-22-2004 at 07:25 PM]

There are plenty of good reasons to fight, and better plans on how to do it than we've been using. I prefer peace to war anyday, but wouldn't have thought twice about volunteering for WWII. The politically motivated crap we send our good men and women out to over the last 40+ years is a serious waste of productive American lives.

When Osama bin-Laden was undeniably identified as the mastermind of the attack on US soil, we should have posted an open statement to everyone involved that they had 90 days to produce him, or we were going to come in and deal with him ourselves. No border issues, no debate, no mercy.

Tactical nukes in the front and backdoor of every cave warren known to be used, scorched earth policy, no holds barred get the SOB and render his cause untenable. We didn't. We haven't.

What we are in now is a mess. All that moral outrage and indignation fired off in a misguided blast that seems more and more to have caught our own foot. Attrocities that make Saddam 3rd page news were well documented around the globe, but only Iraq seemed to be worth 'saving.'

I will always support the men and women in uniform. Always have. I care enough not to send them in harm's way without a clear goal and a clean exit strategy.

And no, I don't want all of 'them' dead. Just the sums of beaches who deserve it. The people in Falluja wanted Sadr out. They didn't ask to live in a war zone, and they didn't support him. They don't deserve to have their homes and businesses destroyed and their families killed and maimed because some nut set up shop in the old church in the middle of town. We are capable of dealing with these people, but we refrain because of what 'others' might say, so we implement incremental measures that don't accomplish squat except casualties and more recruitment of the disgruntled from destroyed/impoverished neighborhoods.

We just flat need to put a serious price on each ahole's head, and do what it takes to see the bounties paid. The collateral damage and innocent lives lost couldn't possibly be any worse than is now going on. A billion dollars spent as a reward is billions cheaper than the cost of any war action. How long do you think that Checnyan guy would be running loose with $1,000,000,000 on his forhead?
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

Originally posted by bigtime
    Originally posted by caosesvida
    the only way atta got the power was from the people who supported him. A lone person, or group just getting together for coffee don't have the where-with-all to get it together, except timothy mc vay, but he was american in america so not a suspect. What happened to the first 911?? rmember the car bomb under the world trade towers?? Was that NOT an attack on the US> was it any differenct except that only a couple of hundred people were killed? Is it the number of people who were killed that makes the difference. When that happened it was forgotten in three months, something is not right here!! WHy didn't the congress, dems and pubs, start a war over that?? regardless of who was in the administration at the time, the congress was still the congress many of them are there now. NOW its a big deal, then it was oh thats terrible.. explain to me what the differenct was idealogically.

It relly doesn't matter whether the terrorists are just a few mavericks or are a huge number with everybody's support or something in between. Their goal remains the same...your death, your wife's death, and your kids' death. They cannot be reasoned with. They do not negotiate (in the long term). Their minds are made up. The only thing that will stymie them is THEIR death.

We have a choice here. Kill them or let them kill us. If this is not clear to you, it's because you're trying to look at the world through your intestines. So pull your head out of your butt and get a clue.

I have known and worked with a Muslim engineer for the last five years. He seems like a pretty good guy, but you have me wondering. Should I go ahead and pop him with my 9, or just be careful.
    ================================================== =========

Is he a terrorist? Y-pop 'im. N-watch 'im.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    You don't...unless you believe the Bible.

What we have heah...is an open can-o-worms!
    No, what we have heah is fundamentalist bullcrap! For crying out loud booty, I never took you for an "end of the world" fanatic. This kind of ranting has been going on for centuries and is never more than a hint of temporarily true.

The Bible is a guideline for life, not some prophecy manual for kooks. For Christ's sake, and I am not cursing here, back it up a notch before you wind up on the news for singlehandedly taking out 7-11 owners in several states.

Robo, you sound like you peed your panties! Take it easy. You don't have to be potentially postal to believe Scripture. Check it out for yourself. It will be Israel all alone against the world. Right now, we are her only true ally...and we are quickly moving away from that.

Go ahead. Look it up.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

There are plenty of good reasons to fight, and better plans on how to do it than we've been using. I prefer peace to war anyday, but wouldn't have thought twice about volunteering for WWII. The politically motivated crap we send our good men and women out to over the last 40+ years is a serious waste of productive American lives.

When Osama bin-Laden was undeniably identified as the mastermind of the attack on US soil, we should have posted an open statement to everyone involved that they had 90 days to produce him, or we were going to come in and deal with him ourselves. No border issues, no debate, no mercy.

Tactical nukes in the front and backdoor of every cave warren known to be used, scorched earth policy, no holds barred get the SOB and render his cause untenable. We didn't. We haven't.

What we are in now is a mess. All that moral outrage and indignation fired off in a misguided blast that seems more and more to have caught our own foot. Attrocities that make Saddam 3rd page news were well documented around the globe, but only Iraq seemed to be worth 'saving.'

I will always support the men and women in uniform. Always have. I care enough not to send them in harm's way without a clear goal and a clean exit strategy.

And no, I don't want all of 'them' dead. Just the sums of beaches who deserve it. The people in Falluja wanted Sadr out. They didn't ask to live in a war zone, and they didn't support him. They don't deserve to have their homes and businesses destroyed and their families killed and maimed because some nut set up shop in the old church in the middle of town. We are capable of dealing with these people, but we refrain because of what 'others' might say, so we implement incremental measures that don't accomplish squat except casualties and more recruitment of the disgruntled from destroyed/impoverished neighborhoods.

We just flat need to put a serious price on each ahole's head, and do what it takes to see the bounties paid. The collateral damage and innocent lives lost couldn't possibly be any worse than is now going on. A billion dollars spent as a reward is billions cheaper than the cost of any war action. How long do you think that Checnyan guy would be running loose with $1,000,000,000 on his forhead?

What the heck are you? Some kind of right wing wacko nut?

Proud member of KA Club

I would like to disagree with the comment about Timothy Mcveigh acting alone. What he was involved in took coordination and planning and then financial support. McVeigh and Nichols had an Al Queada connection in the Philippines in the Abu Sayaaf. Nichols' wife was from the Philippines also. There is also the matter of John Doe #2 who was described as arab looking. It is believed he was Iraqi. The Clintonistas covered the OKC bombing up to ensure Bill's re-election. There is a reporter from OKC that dug into the whole matter and found a lot of coincedences. The whole thing is pretty interesting and yes there was an Iraqi connection. We haven't been told the whole truth about the OKC bombing and probably never will.

Well, you haven't been told the whole truth about Dubya either and probably won't either.

well, we haven't been told the truth about ac either and he knows better than God.

Proud member of KA Club

Hey AC.....

Put down the crackpipe and walk away.....

Dude

The politically motivated crap we send our good men and women out to over the last 40+ years is a serious waste of productive American lives.
    Are you referring to Nam and the Korean conflict as well as others?

I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Originally posted by caosesvida
    the only way atta got the power was from the people who supported him. A lone person, or group just getting together for coffee don't have the where-with-all to get it together, except timothy mc vay, but he was american in america so not a suspect. What happened to the first 911?? rmember the car bomb under the world trade towers?? Was that NOT an attack on the US> was it any differenct except that only a couple of hundred people were killed? Is it the number of people who were killed that makes the difference. When that happened it was forgotten in three months, something is not right here!! WHy didn't the congress, dems and pubs, start a war over that?? regardless of who was in the administration at the time, the congress was still the congress many of them are there now. NOW its a big deal, then it was oh thats terrible.. explain to me what the differenct was idealogically.
    We must keep in mind that during the 90's the administration that held power believed that "terrorism" was the responsibilty of a police force, a legal response, not a military response. That mind set emboldened Bin Laden and others like him.

It seems to me that liberals only believe in ONE terrorist, that being Bin Laden. If we only catch him, all of the world will sing in harmony. Liberals need to keep one thing in mind. Their heads would be the first to fall if the Islamofacists win. They do not respect your "right" to be a non-believer, and there are many "bin ladens" out there. They are not interested in "living together".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast