Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I literally hung on every word he said (misspellings and all), lol.
    He had all that practical, hands-on experience, a brilliant mind, and the engineering degree. He also taught HVAC. And he was so very willing to give of his time to teach us anything for free. He had a knack for making things understandable, and helping you to see the big picture.
    We have people on this site who are really sharp in specific areas of HVAC, but the width of his knowledge was just unbelievable. I don't think it's an overstatement to say that he raised the level of knowledge here considerably.

Update

Murray's body is to be flown back to Canada possibly tomorrow.

The service will be held possibly Thursday the 12th in Thunder Bay, ON, Canada.

He coached me for a couple days to help me get through my master exam... He'd ask a question, look to see how long it took me to find the applicable code, then identify what misunderstanding led to me looking in the wrong section....etc..

I got my license, and until he was gone... never gave much thought to the time he sacrificed for a guy he didn't know personally.

I always just thought I'd meet him in person and have the chance to buy him a beer or whatever and say thanks.

You just never know.

Appreciate people, and tell them how you feel right now. They might not be here tomorrow.

Rest in Peace Abby, you were a wise man and will greatly missed............

South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DPSwitch View Post
    He coached me for a couple days to help me get through my master exam... He'd ask a question, look to see how long it took me to find the applicable code, then identify what misunderstanding led to me looking in the wrong section....etc..

I got my license, and until he was gone... never gave much thought to the time he sacrificed for a guy he didn't know personally.

I always just thought I'd meet him in person and have the chance to buy him a beer or whatever and say thanks.

You just never know.

Appreciate people, and tell them how you feel right now. They might not be here tomorrow.
    nice post......he was a gentleman...
    It's Time To Be Nice To People

This thread should be sticked, not for months on end but at least until his funeral, he contributed a lot to this site for the last 10+ years

I have a feeling there is some bad blood held by some here towards him because he was willing to call a spade a spade, and speak up when something wasnt right, by doing so He was just looking out for the member's interests here when others wouldnt

If that is the case, just get over it and pay the man the respect he deserves.

If its an oversight, please make it right.

Thanks

Wow that worked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    This thread should be sticked, not for months on end but at least until his funeral, he contributed a lot to this site for the last 10+ years

I have a feeling there is some bad blood held by some here towards him because he was willing to call a spade a spade, and speak up when something wasnt right, by doing so He was just looking out for the member's interests here when others wouldnt

If that is the case, just get over it and pay the man the respect he deserves.

If its an oversight, please make it right.

Thanks

Very well spoken Swamp..........nice to see someone with some cajones say the right thing when it needed to be said....

a fitting tribute to one of the great ones.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Thanks Lusker...

Quote Originally Posted by DPSwitch View Post
    Thanks Lusker...
    When I retired from this place they forgot to get my keys...

Murry was my friend too, glad to help out where I can.
    Last edited by Dad; 08-05-2010 at 10:00 PM.

You 'da man, Lusker. Thank you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast