Heating season started today. The on call guy had 4 no heat calls.

It gets cold in Pittsburgh, but not Arctic Circle cold. I want visual proof of your extreme temperatures. Here's your challenge....

I want to see pics or video of you pouring a glass of liguid r-22. Someone has to have worked in -44 degrees, I want to see what cold looks like!

I see a few minor problems. Getting a camera to work in those temps could be tough. If its -44, you probably don't do much with r-22. I'm giving you a good reason to leave a little green jug out for the polar bears.

Can it be done?
    Jason

Originally posted by bja105

I want to see pics or video of you pouring a glass of liguid r-22.
    You EPA guys just never give up.

i could pour liquid qxygen at a 100 degree day. when i was in the airforce we would service the lox bottles(breathing oxygen used by the pilot) it would be serviced in liquid form, we use to put a six pack under the vent, this was in sea and was the only way to get cold budweiser.

I want visual proof of your extreme temperatures.

You are more than welcome to come see for yourself, and don't forget your camara.

Someone has to have worked in -44 degrees, I want to see what cold looks like!

There are quite a few of us that work in those temps. I have picked up sheetmetal only to have it freeze to my hands.

You EPA guys just never give up. LOL

I am Leonard and I approve this message. LOL

we were once deployed to norway in the middle of winter just south of the artic circle was a ***** to work, skin of the ac was so cold your hands would stick as soon as you touch it, so we took the big plastic bags the ones you wrap pallets with, surely james remebers this, tied it to the ac and hooked up a portable heater to one hole and inflated it like a baloon it was like summer inside as soon as the metal warmed up. it had to -40 or lower outside.

Smile

I work with a liquid hydrogen unit.(-420F) When the system vents to the atmosphere you don't see the H2 but you see it condencing the oxygen and this liquid looks like rain.

Not likely to see it it in my part of Canada. Love them Chinook winds off the rockies.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

I attempted one winter to recover about 5 lbs of R-22 from a rooftop condensing unit during a renovation. It was 3am and -15*F outside. I gave up with the system at 20" of vac. The liquid in the sightglass had bubbled then stopped after only 1 minute. Even after bringing my manifold and hoses inside, I could still extend the 6 footers out sideway by just holding one end. Guaranteed then would have snapped if I tried to bend them. Sorry EPA, the rest of the recovery can happen later when the unit warms up in the dumpster............... next week.

BTW, I know 5" is about -48*F. Anyone know what 20" R22 is equal to??

Originally posted by midhvac
    Originally posted by bja105

I want to see pics or video of you pouring a glass of liguid r-22.
    You EPA guys just never give up.
    Its not venting, its pouring. Hey, we could pollute the water(Permafrost?) instead of the air!
    Jason

You could

Just pour a little bit and call it a deminimus release. LOL

On second thought............I wouldnt be there anyways.........Man O Man thats cold!!!