Hybrid View

hydrocarbon/gas detectors

realized i MUST have one this up coming heating season. Was doing a quarterly on a boiler when a visitor came into the boiler room "it kind of smells like gas" I have known for a wile its difficult for me to smell gas, but now i think i am am totally void of smelling it. SOOOOOoooooo, i need a good brand of gas sniffer. something where i can get in the general area and then bubble or with a high and low settings.

guessing this room has about 1/2 mile of gas pipping so to bubble all the joints would be to much time.

I use an Inificon. I've had 2 years now. Very accurate and reliable.

http://www.inficoncombustiblegasleak...utmk=207244186

I have an old Tif, 11 yrs old and still works great. I don't know if new technology has improved on anything. Also have used an ultra sonic detector with good results.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I have a backarach but it's garbage so don't get that one. lol

I have one by UEI that I've had for about 10 years and it is one of the better ones I've used. Here's a look: http://www.ueitest.com/product-cd200.html
    The tooughest leak I found was so small that the bubbles I was using did not start to bubble until after a few minutes while the detector started screaming within a few inches of the area.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein