Things that make you go hmmm...

All I've done so far is watch the video... She raises some valid points.

http://www.storyofstuff.com/
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I was so moved after seeing it, I went out to hug my tree - but remembered that I had it removed cause it was getting into my "stuff" (sewer line). And it cracked my stuff (new driveway) too. And the leaves were clogging up my "stuff" (gutters) too. And that caused a lot of water to go down into my basement and ruin more of my stuff.

Nothing more than anti capitalistic indoctrination of our kids.

I try to keep my stuff to a minimum. Life is so much easier! Drives my GF nuts when I walk away & say naw, I don't need it! (been there done that).

A bar of soap, TP, & a razor is all that's in my bathroom (who needs 16 bottles of crap?).
    Then she wonders why my bank account is huge!

Soap, butt tape and a razor?....damn, your nose hairs must be 3 feet long.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

I only made it to the tank........ and gonged her.

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Teacher View Post
    A bar of soap, TP, & a razor is all that's in my bathroom (who needs 16 bottles of crap?)
    I'm married - so there's one more thing in mine (ear plugs).

I guess I just look at that video from a different point of view:

When I look around, I find that every piece of media, every place I look, everything I watch, including my own provincial government (who has just decided to get involved with online gambling to allow, amongst others, those that are infirmed and bed-ridden, the equal opportunity to continue destroying the economy and their own lives by handing over money they don't have to corporate greed and taxes via running up the credit cards.) who is geared towards separating us from our wallet fodder, while hypocritically telling us "We need to save, Save, SAVE!!" or "If you want to improve the economy, spend, Spend, SPEND!!"

Left hand, meet right hand

My signature line mentions the mythical white elephant. To me, it represents any and all modern government and it's ploys to separate me from my money and you from yours. The white elephant has an insatiable appetite: the more it eats, the bigger it gets, the more it requires to sustain itself. In the eyes of the government, bigger is better.

Most conservative types should be able to relate to what I'm saying and the negative impact it creates.

You guys took from the video a green, save the planet, tree hugging picture.

I see it as what the government(s) have become insofar as who we are and how we are treated. Are you nothing but a number to the government? Live, die or be sacrificed?

Up here we call it the Social Insurance Number (S.I.N. = taxes. Ironic, eh?) I believe you call it the Social Security Card. Identity by number for taxation purposes either way. This is the only I.D. the governments really needs for you to get every cent out of you they say you owe. Our frustration is to find ways to lessen that $ value. Don't get me wrong. I am all for paying my fair share... If I'm getting my dollars worth. I have very little input as to how those dollars are blissfully spent. Nor do I have any say in how much tax collected is too much.

Who denies that our respective governments are in bed with corporate North America, let alone foreign corporate policy? (BP anyone?) If government is supposed to serve us and protect us from foreign policy, why do they allow untested, toxic foreign products, sold under domestic names, to be sold here hurting our citizens? Why do we not force foreign corporates to withhold our standards and values by which we manufacture and safeguard our own? Seriously, could you ever see an American manufacturer using lead-laden paint on children's toys, at least in the last 45 years... and then exporting them?

They are not doing a very good job in my books, which means I'm not getting my money's worth.

BFR's in mattress' and pillows seems odd. Here's a novel concept: Quit smoking in bed!

So many of you try to turn away from big box business' because you don't agree with their policies and even though the girl in the video agrees with you and tries to explain why, you still wouldn't give her the time of day?

That just tells me that there area a lot of closet liberals here. Ones that deny what's on the other side of the doors they use frequently.

Here's one for chemicals I just know you'll enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/storyofstuffproject#p/a

You should have turned it into stuff. I turned the one I removed for similar reasons into ash and smoke and stuff.

With all due respect..that's a big soap box.

Quote Originally Posted by jurban10 View Post
    With all due respect..that's a big soap box.
    It certainly was, wasn't it. Nice to vent sometimes... and legal too.

Not everyone on this planet has the right to voice their own opinions. I cherish it and I believe everyone has the right to voice theirs as well. This is how debate is formed and compromise reached. So sad that there is so much apathy concerning the world we live in.

It is nice to debate about anything sometimes. Some here, on this site, are quite good at it.

I made it for about 3 minutes. What a load of commie hippie crap.