Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Why would anyone do that? No manual wet bulb input? Sorry, thats a deal killer for your "NEW" digitals. Your designed "Target Superheat" function is useless without manual input or wireless.
    Careful what you wish for. The HVAC Guide has manual data input, a pretty ridiculous interface for it, but you can manually input everything...

I was unable to suppress may laughter when our Fieldpiece rep was showing us the HVAC Guide at an RSES meeting, and got to the part where he was showing us how to enter customer info and measurements manually...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Careful what you wish for. The HVAC Guide has manual data input, a pretty ridiculous interface for it, but you can manually input everything...

I was unable to suppress may laughter when our Fieldpiece rep was showing us the HVAC Guide at an RSES meeting, and got to the part where he was showing us how to enter customer info and measurements manually...
    Did it make you feel like you inputting a name into a real old piece of electronics? push up or down and scroll to the letter, then hit right to move to the next letter position and start scrolling to find the next letter.

Quote Originally Posted by ault51 View Post
    This was a good point guys. Based on all of your feedback, we will fix this. Anything else?
    Dam*n There goes another one of my ideas off to FieldPiece. Sure you don't want me to come and work for you? I got alot more ideas still in the bag.

Be careful what the input looks like. I do have a copyright on some input keyboard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    Did it make you feel like you inputting a name into a real old piece of electronics? push up or down and scroll to the letter, then hit right to move to the next letter position and start scrolling to find the next letter.
    Duno about "real old", there are thermostats out now that you can put your company name and phone number in using that method.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Russell, could you give some detail on how the inrush current feature works w/ the clamp meter. is it just taking the initial current peak at 100 milliseconds or is there more to it than that?
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    Russell, could you give some detail on how the inrush current feature works w/ the clamp meter. is it just taking the initial current peak at 100 milliseconds or is there more to it than that?
    When you put the SC56 in the in-rush mode it basically is waiting for a current to pass through the clamp. So after it's in the in-rush mode clamp it around the motor wire, then start the unit up, and it will hold the amp reading within the first 100 milliseconds after the unit is turned on. Make sense? I'm still learning how to clearly explain this so bare with me

Thumbs up Fieldpiece (SMAN) 3 Digital Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Was that a digital manifold set I saw in the picture? When did they start making that?
    Friday I picked up the very 1st one . Russ and his staff are great people made it happen 10 min later was on a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by connectedair View Post
    Friday I picked up the very 1st one . Russ and his staff are great people made it happen 10 min later was on a unit.
    We look forward to hearing how you like it

Russell i see Fieldpiece will be @ Comfortech in Baltimore this year. Will Fieldpiece be selling products there or just demonstrating? Im interested in the this swivel head clamp meter...

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    Russell i see Fieldpiece will be @ Comfortech in Baltimore this year. Will Fieldpiece be selling products there or just demonstrating? Im interested in the this swivel head clamp meter...
    We will just be demoing and i'll be the one at the booth. The only people i can sell direct to are instructors. So if you are an instructor I can bring an extra one. However I probably can have a local distributor stock one if you want to buy it after the show if you are not an instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    We will just be demoing and i'll be the one at the booth. The only people i can sell direct to are instructors. So if you are an instructor I can bring an extra one. However I probably can have a local distributor stock one if you want to buy it after the show if you are not an instructor.
    nope im just a tech, i WILL stop by your booth and say hello and check the meter out. the sc56 looks to be the cats meow!

got nothing against Fieldpiece.

Just too many pieces to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    got nothing against Fieldpiece.

Just too many pieces to keep track of.
    Yeah we try to cover all types of techs. One tech doesn't need all the pieces just what he needs to get his job done and done right. But that does require a little research because we do have a lot of part numbers. I actually talk guys out of buying our big kit a lot, especially if he's new and just to get what he needs. Guess I'm not that good of a sales guy, ha ha.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast