Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    i still carry 2 of these daily
    analog in some cases gives a little more insight to the job your working on.

Hey Russel

Really interested in the hg1 or hg2 do either of these anilizers calculate subcooling? And does it compare the superheat with the subcooling with suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by khc95 View Post
    Hey Russel

Really interested in the hg1 or hg2 do either of these anilizers calculate subcooling? And does it compare the superheat with the subcooling with suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    They both will do subcooling. However the HG2 has an added test called checkme that looks at 15 or so different measurements at once including the superheat and subcooling at the same time. Heres a link to the product page. http://www.fieldpiece.com/hvac-guide...m-analyzer/hg2 below the videos is a picture of the dial with a short sentence about each test. You can also download the instruction manual that has all the info.

Awesome...thanks for your time....looks like a great tool...can't wait to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    we will have to see, but either some lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wires, wireless or you have to drag the manifold to the unit and then back outside!
    Thats what I'm talking about. Drag the manifold into the home. Drill a hole in return. Screw a ring into the duct to hold the digital manifold while you take a wet bulb reading. Please, That is not going to work out in the field.

Why would anyone do that? No manual wet bulb input? Sorry, thats a deal killer for your "NEW" digitals. Your designed "Target Superheat" function is useless without manual input or wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Thats what I'm talking about. Drag the manifold into the home. Drill a hole in return. Screw a ring into the duct to hold the digital manifold while you take a wet bulb reading. Please, That is not going to work out in the field.

Why would anyone do that? No manual wet bulb input? Sorry, thats a deal killer for your "NEW" digitals. Your designed "Target Superheat" function is useless without manual input or wireless.

okay, I am glad I did not miss something!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    They both will do subcooling. However the HG2 has an added test called checkme that looks at 15 or so different measurements at once including the superheat and subcooling at the same time. Heres a link to the product page. http://www.fieldpiece.com/hvac-guide...m-analyzer/hg2 below the videos is a picture of the dial with a short sentence about each test. You can also download the instruction manual that has all the info.
    Just to be clear here. They do actual Superheat and Subcooling occurring. It will provide a Target Superheat value but does not provide a Target Subcooling value.

The user must input a Subcooling value based on the manufacturers recommendations or a fixed value determined by the technician. Please correct me it I am mistaken in this regard.

Just to be clear here. They do actual Superheat and Subcooling occurring. It will provide a Target Superheat value but does not provide a Target Subcooling value.

The user must input a Subcooling value based on the manufacturers recommendations or a fixed value determined by the technician. Please correct me it I am mistaken in this regard.
    This is correct. Thanks!

Russel, just sent you an e-mail.

Field Piece

I like the new idea for the clamp meter, but I think they should consider taking some of the features such as a the head and light and apply it to the SC53 series. I have several of the Fieldpice meters from the larger clapon version to the stick version with the different heads. Great products I like to get the HG2 when they come down a bit and the HG1 gets flushed out.

Ken
    Atcher Service

Quote Originally Posted by atcherservice View Post
    I like the new idea for the clamp meter, but I think they should consider taking some of the features such as a the head and light and apply it to the SC53 series. I have several of the Fieldpice meters from the larger clapon version to the stick version with the different heads. Great products I like to get the HG2 when they come down a bit and the HG1 gets flushed out.

Ken
    Atcher Service
    Ken,

That's exactly what we did. The SC56 is basically the new version of the SC77 and the SC53, with added features. The HG2 is probably not going to be dropping in price, even if the HG1 becomes discontinued. iF you have any questions, feel free to give me a call. 714 634 1844

This was a good point guys. Based on all of your feedback, we will fix this. Anything else?

does the new meter have that magnetic hanging strap?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast