Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Interesting, On the new digital manifold it has target superheat. Does the instrument input the wet bulb through the wb thermocouple probe only or is there a manual wb input?

How about outdoor temperature input, does it also require it be inputted through the probe or can it also be inputted manually?

How about a interface with a computer so all data can be exported to an excel file and printed?

Any ability to store the data under a customer name and address for later review or comparison of data from maintenence to maintenence?
    These two manifolds will be stand alone manifolds so tests can't be downloaded to a pc. The HVAC Guide is still the tool for that.

Also both manifolds come with the wb and db thermocouples but cannot be manually entered.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Wow mcjo plus the data logging with pin number to prove a human actualy was there
    Well, we still need a human to place the wb probe in the air return and hook up the blue hose and red hose and place the clamps on the lines. :y es:

Is there going to be a 4 valve version available?

I have had the digicool 1250 for 2 months now , good quality but the dual temp probes suck, wires too thin and they get tangled too easily, don't think those things going to last very long, every time I use them is like walking on egg shells, very disappointed.
    Saw the testo 550 at URI the other day, didn't like the way the hook attaches to the back of the manifold, it looks like it can break easily.
    I guess I'm gonna spend another $400 for The Fieldpiece Analyzer.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    That price is getting into Fluke 902 territory. Yes, the 902 has less features but it's a Fluke.
    I don't care what anyone says about Fieldpiece. They are the only manufacturer that is specifically designed for HVAC. Fluke can kiss my ass. Yea they make nice stuff but you are only paying for the name. It's not like quality is much better. You think Fluke's main concern is HVAC? Hell no. I just started working for a company that has that attitude about nothing better than Fluke. None of them really know about Fieldpiece. I cannot wait to debut my HS36 when it comes in the mail this Monday. I already have my superheat head and will be buying many more accessory heads. I can't wait to see this DRSA. Everyone needs to buck up and buy an HS-36. I love the fact that this DRSA is going to take K-type probes. So if you have a couple of these http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-80PK-8-C...1888263&sr=1-1 laying around you can pop them right into the Fieldpiece DRSA. I hate the fact that the Testo's and Digi-cool's don't use the k-type and you are stuck with whatever they offer you. K-type should be full industry standard by now!! Russel needs to give us a video on this thing ASAPPPPP.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpimpin View Post
    I don't care what anyone says about Fieldpiece. They are the only manufacturer that is specifically designed for HVAC. Fluke can kiss my ass. Yea they make nice stuff but you are only paying for the name. It's not like quality is much better. You think Fluke's main concern is HVAC? Hell no. I just started working for a company that has that attitude about nothing better than Fluke. None of them really know about Fieldpiece. I cannot wait to debut my HS36 when it comes in the mail this Monday. I already have my superheat head and will be buying many more accessory heads. I can't wait to see this DRSA. Everyone needs to buck up and buy an HS-36. I love the fact that this DRSA is going to take K-type probes. So if you have a couple of these http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-80PK-8-C...1888263&sr=1-1 laying around you can pop them right into the Fieldpiece DRSA. I hate the fact that the Testo's and Digi-cool's don't use the k-type and you are stuck with whatever they offer you. K-type should be full industry standard by now!! Russel needs to give us a video on this thing ASAPPPPP.
    Yea, about that....

I Like Fluke over Fieldpiece any day. Just saying
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Yea, about that....

I Like Fluke over Fieldpiece any day. Just saying
    LOL. Imho, the only meter I use would be the fieldpiece hs36 or the fluke 116/322 kit. Screw all that amprobe and uei junk out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    These two manifolds will be stand alone manifolds so tests can't be downloaded to a pc. The HVAC Guide is still the tool for that.

Also both manifolds come with the wb and db thermocouples but cannot be manually entered.
    Well, the manufactures still have a long way to go before all of the possibilities for a digital manifold have been fulfulled.

Manual input of data and a simple P/T built in chart for refrigerants, an interface with a computer or handheld or phone to send data to the customer.

Wireless interface from the probes to the manifold.
    Automatic calculation with icons that display "Charge Complete" for Superheat and Subcooling refrigerant charging.

A target superheat function for the Testo, Digi-Cool, Yellow Jacket, MasterCool manifolds.

I have talked with some of the manufactures about these possibilities. I would like to see some of these abilities implemented. Especially if they would like to interface with some of our software capabilities.

No one yet showing too much interest except for me to bring everything to the table. Its not my idea of a good business deal. Everyone should benefit: the customer, the manufacturer, the technician, and of course the company who is providing the interface ability.

Sorry just had to throw it out there!
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 08-16-2010 at 05:36 PM.

LOL. Imho, the only meter I use would be the fieldpiece hs36 or the fluke 116/322 kit. Screw all that amprobe and uei junk out there.
    Fluke owns Amprobe, so that Amprobe "junk" is made by your beloved Fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    we will have to see, but either some lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wires, wireless or you have to drag the manifold to the unit and then back outside!

Quote Originally Posted by Fan Blade View Post
    Fluke owns Amprobe, so that Amprobe "junk" is made by your beloved Fluke.
    Just because Fluke OWNS amprobe doesn't mean its fluke. Sears owns KMART but KMART sure aint no Sears.

Just because Fluke OWNS amprobe doesn't mean its fluke. Sears owns KMART but KMART sure aint no Sears.
    I agree, but it's the other way...........

updated 11/17/2004 6:41:48 PM ET

NEW YORK A resurgent Kmart, home of the blue light special, is buying the
    once-dominant Sears department store chain in a surprising $11 billion gamble it
    is counting on to help both better compete with Wal-Mart and other big-box retailers.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast