Manitowoc Stuck In Harvest Cycle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manitowoc GY0404A, R502 run’s a complete cycle in 23 minutes, freeze and harvest. Some times gets stuck in the harvest cycle. When I arrive it has been in harvest for some time and every thing that might be caught in the water curtin is gone so I don’t know if it might be thin ice that doesn’t make it through and there is no one there who could check when it happens. Will run for two or three days be for it screws up.

IVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN WHEN THE HARVST TEMINATION SWITCH BECOMES LOOSE. MAKE SURE BRACKET AND SWITCH IS TIGHT.
    SWITCH MAY BE BAD TOO.

I haven't worked on ice machines in a while but here's a couple things to look for, make sure the evap plate is clean, calcium deposits will slow ice release. Check evap for pitting, or flaking as this can also hang ice up. Also make sure machine is level.

Someone here should know for sure but I think it takes three successive harvest failures before it will lock out?

DR, I THINK IT ALSO OR JUST MAY BE EXCEEDED HAVEST TIME THREE TIMES CONSECUTVLY. BUT THIS USUALLY SHUT THE MACHINE DOWN. HE MAY OLDER MACHINE.

FNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn off your capital letters.

That's considered shouting, and we'll call you names if you keep doing it.

I don't believe the G series has a 3 error lockout.
    I agree with dave on checking the curtain switch.
    Pay attention to curtain hinge pins and the brackets, they could be worn or fractured causing curtain to drag or droop.
    Ice thickness control probably needs replaced and make sure the thickness control leads are dry where they plug into bulkhead.

mardoman

Had one doing the same thing earlier this year. Replaced the magnetic door switch and everything is fine and still running.

Originally posted by mardoman
    I don't believe the G series has a 3 error lockout.
    I'm sure it doesn't. That was started with the B series.

Originally posted by gdavis
    Had one doing the same thing earlier this year. Replaced the magnetic door switch and everything is fine and still running.
    This might be the one with the microswitch in back of the upper right hand corner of the curtain, that uses the push rod. If it is, a ballpoint pen barrel will get you out of trouble.

Condenseddave, this machine had the magnetic switch in the bottom right corner. 2 wires going to the board from it and the little circle in the curtain contains the magnet. And this one did not have the push rod to push off the ice.

The older mani's didn't use the magnetic proximity switch, but rather a pushrod in the upper righthand corner of the curtain, which, when the curtain opened up as the load fell, activated a microswitch to terminate the defrost.

The pushrod had nothing at all to do with removing the ice. It is just an actuator.

Yours might very well have a proximity switch, but there are a lot of "E" and "G" machines that use the microswitch/pushrod around here.

I was thinking about something else completely different from what you are condenseddave. Going back to sleep and maybe I can interpret what I read better then.

Exclamation Let me simplify this for EVERYBODY

Sorry for the confusion that I might've caused by not using the proper terminology.

Comin' to you live, from the big brown spot on your dial!!!!!!!!!!!! (Actually, page 36 out of the Manitowoc G0400 service manual....)

Note, "G", that these machines don't use that magnetic proximity switch. I believe that those, like the coded lockouts mentioned earlier, started with the "B" series.

I wish Icemeister would get power back on so I didn't have to hold up so much of his end of this forum. Makes my head hurt.

Anyway, smut guy, this should answer your original question, and "G", I hope it's clearer now.

Sleep tight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast