Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AEM 2100 sofware configure

Dear all,

I just bought apogee ethernet microsever (AEM 2100). But I don't have sofware to configure IP and RS232 speed.

May I get it, if any one have it?

Thank

AEMs are just configured with a 9 pin to 9 pin null modem cable and Hyperterminal.

Follow the Getting Started for "Setting Up APOGEE Ethernet Microserver". It should be darn close to seting up the AEM 200.

I had try with option of EAM200. when I download, at the IP & subnet mask configuration is ok. there are about 20 errors at configuration of channel 1 and channel 2.

What wrong with this error? How can I correct this error?

Thank you

What are the errors? What are you using to "download" to the AEM?

I used AEM Configuration Tool 2.6. It doesn't show what is the error. It just count the error when it configure channel 1 & channel 2. Totally there are about 20 errors.
    And I use COM(Female) to Parallel(Male) and Parallel(Female) to COM(female) to connect from my laptop to AEM. This converter I bough from Siemens.

Thank

You have the proper cabling or you wouldn't be able to communicate and set IP address. The cable Siemens uses is a red 9 pin female to 25 pin male and then a null modem that is a 25 pin female to 9 pin female. The configuration tool should be all you need. If there are errors, try resetting the AEM and trying again. If this doesn't work, there is a procedure in your Getting Started manual that takes you through the steps of manually setting up an AEM with Hyperterminal (standard with all Windows OS). If you still have issues, contact your Siemens service rep. If he has a problem with helping you, complain to the service manager. They should have no issues with giving you tech assistance on such a simple procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Napha View Post
    I used AEM Configuration Tool 2.6. It doesn't show what is the error. It just count the error when it configure channel 1 & channel 2. Totally there are about 20 errors.
    And I use COM(Female) to Parallel(Male) and Parallel(Female) to COM(female) to connect from my laptop to AEM. This converter I bough from Siemens.

Thank
    That version of the AEM Configuration Tool does not support the new AEM 2100. Manually configure the AEM using HyperTerminal.

Does anyone know the default password for an AEM 2100?

I figured out the default password....it is "system" for future reference.

Now for the rest of my problem...

What I've got is a remote BLN that's been functioning okay for at least a few years now up until one of our tech's accidentally changed the MMI/Modem baud rate on the MEC field panel its connected thru. I am able to launch an MMI session over telnet and found that the MMI/Modem ports were both at 9600 so I changed them to 38400 which is what channel 1 on the AEM was set to. (I was also able to telnet into the AEM setup menu) I attached a screen shot which shows the configuration in each, but for some reason I'm still not connecting with Insight.

Sort of a strange problem I know, but just though I'd check and see if anything jumped out as being incorrect.

Figured this one out by trial and error. I had the baud rates set right but the Modem (Enable/Disable) parameter in the field panel needs to be set to "disabled" when connected to an AEM. Seems counter-intuitive but it worked!

Hi

i am the one that wrote the AEM Configuration Tool software when i was working for Siemens! If you want a version that works also with the AEM 2100,, you cannot have a better contact my friend ! lol

Here the link to the AEM Config tool version 3.0.0.5 that support all Siemens AEMs

http://www.ebuildingonline.com/aemtool/

i will leave that link alive for a couple days only. if you need help, email me

enjoy
    Martin

that version requires .net framework 2.0 to be installed. it will work on any windows OS EXCEPT Windows 7 (i found out yesterday)! If i have request for it, i may recompile it to work under Windows 7! Let me know if you have any questions.

Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast