Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 40
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    This is what they want.

    1. Name on Order
    2. Billing Address
    3. Last 4 digits of the credit card/debit card number
    4. Current Date on Statement (within the last 60 days)

    They say you can do this.

    Feel free to block out all other numbers or other information on the statement.

    Usually, the ship to address does not match the billing address.

    I don't see were this is a scam to get your purchase history. They did not handle the situation very good at all.

    You need to be much more afraid of Wal-Marts new RFID technology they rolled out s few weeks ago. Soon you will walk up to a counter and almost instantly it will show a total on the credit card machine. You swipe your credit/debit card to pay and an itemized receipt is printed out.

    Pretty cool and it eliminates another job that a laid off computer systems engineer could have applied for. It also lets Wal-Mart keep track of your purchases, It gives them all the info contained on the magnetic strp of your card, A complete electronic record of your personal buying habits, and the worst part is they can track the item once it leaves the store.

    It really works. It took 10 years to develop and 4 years to deploy it. How do I know, well, I know the computer systems engineer that headed up the project. Wal-Mart laid him off when the project was done.
    Ha your gonna waste effort in the walmart fight against RoBoteq, dont you know he gets off on walmart and how effectively it puts people out of work.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Rat Shack is still getting name and address at the register. I bought some resistors and rectifiers there just the other day. I would assume it is to mail their adverts to you.
    Some of them still ask, but they used to tell you they couldn't sell to you without that information. My son worked at a Radio Shack when they still had that strict policy. When someone balked about the policy, the employees at that Radio Shack just stopped the confrontation by telling the customer not to worry about it and just put their own personal information on the transaction receipt.

    I could not get any employee, including a customer service manager, at GameStop to bypass their policy which they are now denying is a policy at all.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    This is what they want.

    1. Name on Order
    2. Billing Address
    3. Last 4 digits of the credit card/debit card number
    4. Current Date on Statement (within the last 60 days)

    They say you can do this.

    Feel free to block out all other numbers or other information on the statement.

    Usually, the ship to address does not match the billing address.

    I don't see were this is a scam to get your purchase history. They did not handle the situation very good at all.

    You need to be much more afraid of Wal-Marts new RFID technology they rolled out s few weeks ago. Soon you will walk up to a counter and almost instantly it will show a total on the credit card machine. You swipe your credit/debit card to pay and an itemized receipt is printed out.

    Pretty cool and it eliminates another job that a laid off computer systems engineer could have applied for. It also lets Wal-Mart keep track of your purchases, It gives them all the info contained on the magnetic strp of your card, A complete electronic record of your personal buying habits, and the worst part is they can track the item once it leaves the store.

    It really works. It took 10 years to develop and 4 years to deploy it. How do I know, well, I know the computer systems engineer that headed up the project. Wal-Mart laid him off when the project was done.
    I completely understand what their written policy is, and I completely complied with their written policy....twice.

    Because I blocked out my purchase history along with credit card numbers first 12 digits, they refused to process my order. When I called them, two representatives and one customer service manager, all who told me they were not allowed to give me anything but their first names (another policy), all told me the same thing; GameStop required the purchase history information in order to confirm that the card I was using was active in making purchases. Not one was willing to send me an email stating that part of their policy.

    Now, GameStop is denying they have that policy and that their refusal to process my order, after four attempts on my part including twice faxing them what they demanded from my credit card statement, they claim was a misunderstanding and that they will now allow me to place an order with them.

    WalMart's new system is no more then an extension of inventory systems that have been developing since the invention of the bar code. Every major retailer will soon have the same system, but it is only an advanced version of what every company, including the one I work for, is already using.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage16 View Post
    First off once again you old crybaby, those things regarding republicans which wasnt much at all and pertained in no way to you or any other citizen for that matter. You started the fight at the walmart page, and now my thread asking for simple advice that you anti union TROLLS could not stay out of is closed, and you kept pushing the issue at the obama religion page as well because you are so driven to bash unions. You are the one that keeps bringing the issue up, heres an idea for ya quit following people around insulting them the entire time and trying to convince people you are right when your just naive and ignorant and go to a bar find a woman who will talk to you....thats gonna be hard your gonna need to bring money because I have seen you and your sons pic and neither of you are gonna bring in the women and make better use of your time in some way if you know what I am talking about which I highly doubt.
    This thread has nothing to do with WalMart, unions or my personal life.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage16 View Post
    Ha your gonna waste effort in the walmart fight against RoBoteq, dont you know he gets off on walmart and how effectively it puts people out of work.
    This thread has nothing to do with WalMart. I understood wgrr's reference to WalMart and addressed it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This thread has nothing to do with WalMart, unions or my personal life.
    Ha I feel it has everything to do with your personal life your a bored lonely old man who has nothing better in life to do than press your so called facts which are all opinions from what I have seen on everyone else. Lets see some facts every once in a while. Personally I like gamestop quite a bit, the two by me offer amazing deals and if they dont have it are very helpful with ordering the game that I want and offering a deal for the inconvienance. You probably rubbed off on them the wrong way with all your useless babble much like you do everyone else you talk to

  7. #33
    Robo and Savage,


    Robin, again, being a committee member you already know we hold our committee members to a higher standard. This is not news to you.

    Savage, you report posts as does Robo... I also understand this is bleeding over to other sites which is none of our business here but when it comes here is unacceptable between you two.

    As of right now this stops on HTalk. Really doesn't matter which forum. You guys cool it while you are here. Walk away and cool off please. Non-compliance will result in loss of posting privileges for both of you for 10 days. Further non-compliance will result in harsher actions.


  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Some of them still ask, but they used to tell you they couldn't sell to you without that information. My son worked at a Radio Shack when they still had that strict policy. When someone balked about the policy, the employees at that Radio Shack just stopped the confrontation by telling the customer not to worry about it and just put their own personal information on the transaction receipt.

    I could not get any employee, including a customer service manager, at GameStop to bypass their policy which they are now denying is a policy at all.
    Any business that refuses to sell their product by requiring more than cash, credit, or debit is doomed to fail.

    The Radio Shack policy could have something to do with who owns it. The Radio Shacks here are independently owned. I used to shop there a lot for many years and have never been asked for anything but my name and address.

    Today, Radio Shack is a shadow of it's former self. I do buy somethings from them to use in rebuilding my vintage McIntosh, H H Scott, Fischer, or any other vintage tube pre-amps and amps. I also rebuild and repair vintage tube guitar amps. I just don't have that much time to devote to it these days.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    159
    This whole thing is odd, the two gamestops by me are very helpful and work with you on everything. The only place I go anymore honestly to get gaming stuff.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Any business that refuses to sell their product by requiring more than cash, credit, or debit is doomed to fail.

    The Radio Shack policy could have something to do with who owns it. The Radio Shacks here are independently owned. I used to shop there a lot for many years and have never been asked for anything but my name and address.

    Today, Radio Shack is a shadow of it's former self. I do buy somethings from them to use in rebuilding my vintage McIntosh, H H Scott, Fischer, or any other vintage tube pre-amps and amps. I also rebuild and repair vintage tube guitar amps. I just don't have that much time to devote to it these days.
    Business guru, or better known as the pitbull of business, Larry Winget, agrees wholeheartedly. Winget's rant about Radio Shack's policy is great. As Winget says; he can be the greatest customer in the world because if you treat him right, he will let the whole world know. On the flip side, being a well known commentator and teacher of business seminars, Larry Winget can also be a major factor in ruining a business's reputation. Winget's rants is one of my inspiration for getting out the message for bad business dealings such as this and reporting to BBB.

    I did not know that some Radio Shacks are franchised. Are they still under the Tandy Corporation?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage16 View Post
    This whole thing is odd, the two gamestops by me are very helpful and work with you on everything. The only place I go anymore honestly to get gaming stuff.
    My adult son feels the same way. It was for his birthday that I was buying the product I wound up buying at Best Buy. My son sent me a link to the GameStop site with the product he wanted. All I had to do was to fill out the credit information and place the order. I have done this a hundred times on the Internet with many different companies using the same credit card and never had to do anything else past placing the order.

    When my order was turned down, the reason that was initially given was that the credit card company would not authorize the transaction. I called GameStop and told them I would give them another card and would take care of the problem with my credit card company later. GameStop employee told me at that time that once they get a credit card refusal that they need the same information no matter what card I use. So I sent them the information that they demanded, minus my purchase history on that cards statement.

    When I contacted my credit card company to chew them out, they told me they had no record of any order from GameStop and that they had not refused any purchases against my card. When my order was still not being processed, according to GameStop's website tracker, I called GameStop again. This time I was told that they had the faxed statement that I sent over but they could not read all of it and needed me to refax it. I did.

    The next day the same thing; no order being processed. Now I am going to miss getting the product to my son by his birthday. I call back and that is when GameStop employees started telling me that my faxed statement was not accepted because it was not showing recent purchases.

    GameStop employees lied to me all the way through the process. Without my giving GameStop my recent purchase history from that credit card, GameStop was not going to process my order; and they did not.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Robo and Savage,


    Robin, again, being a committee member you already know we hold our committee members to a higher standard. This is not news to you.

    Savage, you report posts as does Robo... I also understand this is bleeding over to other sites which is none of our business here but when it comes here is unacceptable between you two.

    As of right now this stops on HTalk. Really doesn't matter which forum. You guys cool it while you are here. Walk away and cool off please. Non-compliance will result in loss of posting privileges for both of you for 10 days. Further non-compliance will result in harsher actions.
    Bleeding to other sites? I have no idea what you are babbling about lol

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Business guru, or better known as the pitbull of business, Larry Winget, agrees wholeheartedly. Winget's rant about Radio Shack's policy is great. As Winget says; he can be the greatest customer in the world because if you treat him right, he will let the whole world know. On the flip side, being a well known commentator and teacher of business seminars, Larry Winget can also be a major factor in ruining a business's reputation. Winget's rants is one of my inspiration for getting out the message for bad business dealings such as this and reporting to BBB.

    I did not know that some Radio Shacks are franchised. Are they still under the Tandy Corporation?
    Yes, for years there was a Tandy leather shop next door. It may still be there. They built another Radio Shack closer to my house.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event