Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye NHL!

We'll see whats left of you when you come back! Remember, your just the "other sport"
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Now they need to lock out baseball.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

And close the Nascar tracks.

Talking

NASCAR will not go away as will most racing as it is the ultimate sport,(because all other sports only require one ball.)

I feel for Boss, he'll finally have some time on his hands after giving up the reins and they take away his country's favorite past time, as long as they don't take away that good Canadian beer.

NHL????
    Who are they?
    A typo for NFL?

See it did not take long to forget them.

Yuma,

By the way, what is ice? I know the cubes....
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Originally posted by jonm
    I feel for Boss, he'll finally have some time on his hands after giving up the reins and they take away his country's favorite past time, as long as they don't take away that good Canadian beer.
    I know, I know!! Man, this is a terrible thing! I start counting the days to hockey about July 15th. We took our second TV to the cottage last winter so that on my winter trips I could still catch the games. It was in the budget to replace it this fall with a new one at home so I can still catch my hockey while the rest of the fam watches Survivor or some other silly thing. I don't really feel a great urge to go out and buy a TV with the lockout. Looks like I'll be watching Survivor. LOL! See, the effect of the lockout is working through the economy already in many ways.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

The owners stockpiled a bunch of dough for this, it won't be pretty.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

And from what I have seen on the nhl site, it looks like it's too big and serious of a problem to get resolved any time soon, if at all. I do side with the owners though. Hockey hasnt been as fun to watch because whoever has the most money to spend on players usually wins.

Originally posted by dave and julie
    And from what I have seen on the nhl site, it looks like it's too big and serious of a problem to get resolved any time soon, if at all. I do side with the owners though. Hockey hasnt been as fun to watch because whoever has the most money to spend on players usually wins.
    Also, once a player lands the big multi-million dollar contract, his incentive to play better and to grind it out usually goes down, particularly with the European players.

Hockey cannot afford the huge salaries, it is not the NFL or NBA or Baseball.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

I think all players should have a pay based on what they play,for example,a catcher gets x amount of dollars a q.b. gets x amount of dollars,every position should have their own pay scale.Bonus lets just say you get a touchdown you get a bonus you score a goal you get a bonus. pro sports has gotten out of hand.It is the working family who supports the teams by going to the home games and buying the home team products. It is time for a change in the way the players are paid. It is the working families that support the players and the team.we need to stand up to them also. What would they do if no one went to the games or bought their merchandise?

If the NHL dies.....Tampa Bay a place were ice does not occur naturally, but has a good tech producing good ice, will forever be the Champs!
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

I heard on the news

every team in the NFL gets 77 million from the networks. Every hockey team gets 2 mil. Big difference.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast