Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Besides being an old country song, what is everybodies expierence with this phenom.? Good ole wifee's brains decided to fly the coop, now she wants to seperate....

Crap I was born married. I'll probably die that way too.

cde72, Sorry to hear about that. I guess she doesn't find you handsome OR handy anymore. They say it's a womans prerogative to change her mind.

My expierience has been; Out of sight, out of mind. A woman cant seem to hold on to long distance realationships very well.

Hell, I thought the same way too. Now I am reading a seperation agreement.

Seperation agreement my ass. My 1st wife talked seperation and 5 minutes later I was talking to a divorce lawyer. I got everything except my 76' Camaro that she had wiped out the passanger door and quarter anyway, I kept the Mustang and Charger.

We need the insight of Bigbird on this thread.

I got stuck with the kids, but I got a better lawyer now to appeal that.

Originally posted by nevada
    I got stuck with the kids, but I got a better lawyer now to appeal that.
    I hope that's a joke cause I'd fight tooth and nail for my kids.

I agree with you mattm....... I will fight tooth and nail to have custody of my son.....

Yea I got my kids now but think my daughter will go back with her mom next year if she wants but I will keep my son.
    Divorce keeps lawyers pockets lined and creates jobs for judges,cops,etc but another than that nothing good to report. But after the anger subsides you can usually move forward and it's much easier being friends with my ex now especially since I don't have to support her anymore.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Divorce is a difficult thing to go through. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Time heals all things. But there will always be scars. Don't let yourself be overcome with bitterness and anger. It can't make you stronger, it will only consume you. The emotional pain that you will go through will be the most difficult part. The pain is a withdrawal from emotional attachment you have to the relationship. It takes a while to get over this. Good luck.

Martin
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Women are like telephone poles, their is always another one just down the road. Buy a dog and forget her.

My parents are divorced as well as the parents of many people I know.

It's tough on the parents no doubt, but MUCH harder on the kids. Just make sure you put the children first. Make sure they know that you both still love them, this is just something that happens and it's not thier fault. This means not bad mouthing the other parent in front of the child, etc. If you have to pay child support, pay up. Trust me, it's harder for them.

Sorry to hear about it, time heals all wounds.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast