+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WILL I BE ABLE TO GET A JOB IN THIS FIELD 40 YEARS OLD

Post Likes
    I HAVE JUST BEEN THRU A YEAR OF HVAC TRAINING I HAVE CFC UNIVERSAL AND TONS OF TRAINING AT SCHOOL BUT I WANDER IF PEOPLE WILL HIRE YOU AT 40

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    I think if you have mechanical ability you will be hired!

Post Likes
    THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY I THINK I WILL BE A VERY GOOD TECH IF GIVEN A CHANCE

Post Likes
    I just interviewed a 44 year old man looking to be our new installer today. I think the job is his, I'll know by weeks end. I am not affraid of hiring someone that wants to learn and work hard no matter what age.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    i'm 49 and you can have my job.can you bend tin and get units in the attic ?
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes

Talking sure will!

You will find so many jobs, you wont want to find another trade! in fact you will be a target for all the contrators willing to let you help them! he he he!

Post Likes

40 is better than 20

don,t go to install,s be a tech if you have that in you,your job record will say alot,hope you have mechanical ability and you will do fine,many perfer age over youth except for p/r work.

Post Likes
    you may be short on experience but your age covers all the other skills,showing up on time,filling out work tickets people can read on follow-ups,and a biggy...talking to customers either it be walking into a job or solving their problems during and to the end is an art.get the service experience and dabble with installation,the job is all procedure on repairs and service.the quicker you get out in a truck on your own the better for self confidence in fixing the unit and having a satisfied customer,and that goes a long way in representing the company you work.

Post Likes

I'LL BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

HE HE!

Post Likes

yes you can

I started in the HVAC trade at 39. I had tech training, a universal certificate, and lots of desire. What I found out though is that you have to, I repeat, have to get out and get some seasoning. I am not mechanically gifted, so even now after 5 years of service work, I need a little assistance from time to time. The best scenario would be to work side by side with a generous pro, who can show you the ropes without belittling you. Good luck. If you have some snap, you won't have a great deal of trouble finding something. GOOD ATTITUDE IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!

Post Likes
    At 40 stick to service only, installs will send you to an early grave.

Post Likes

Talking you will be ready for a great attitude in this trade!

all the wonderful people, willing to help you! he he!

Post Likes

of course!

Your twice as good as a 20 year old.

Post Likes

Talking Re: of course!

Originally posted by highlimit
    Your twice as good as a 20 year old.
    UNLESS, YOU WANT TO HIDE AND BLAME AND COLLECT A PAYCHECK AND THEN BROWN NOSE TO KEEP YOUR JOB, HE HE, THEN YOU HAVE TO FIND A NEW TRADE , CAUSE WHEN YOURE INEXPERIENCED, IT SHOWS JUST ASK FITTER 33

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in